“Ho hum”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 218 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I45 North Fwy
Transit: Water Taxi or Trolly
Description: Fleming's The Woodlands, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Woodlands Mall next to Market Street, near Conroe, Spring, and Shenandoah.
Austin, Texas, United States
“Ho hum”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped by here on the way back from Houston headed to Conroe. Really wanted to go to Perry's, but it's just too far west of 45. We were seated right away. The wait staff was friendly, the kitchen was slow. Not a terrible problem, just so you know. Our tomato, beet and burrata salads were okay, nothing spectacular. We shared the barbequed salmon... too sweet and over powered the fish. We split rosemary onions; okay but nothing special. All in all, I wouldn't go back. The Austin location is much better.

• Visited May 2014
Chrystal T, Operating Partner at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello Jamie S,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent dining experience with us. I understand from your review that the experience was not exceptional. Please allow me to apologize, I am very sorry that we did not measure up this evening. We strive very hard to not just have exceptional food quality & taste, but to ensure our guest feel that every night with us is exceptional.

I would love the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at the restaurant at 281.362.0103 or at ctamillo@flemingssteakhouse.com. Consistent service, food, and ambience is something we strive for at Fleming's. I want to ensure that no matter where you dine with us, especially here in the Woodlands, that we are offering an indulgent experience for you. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you further.

Katy
“Excellent seafood tower, steaks very good”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were celebrating with a large party of about 20 for a work function on a Saturday night. We had a private room and dedicated waiters who were perfect. We started with wine and drinks. The first course was a myriad of shellfish including chilled lobster, jumbo shrimp, crab claws and snow crab lags. All were peeled and presented in a visually pleasing as well as easy to eat form. There were four large iced bowls for the large table. All the shellfish were DEEEE-LICIOUS!
For my main course I had the petite filet wiht shrimp and husband had the prime rib. The steaks were good, prime cut, excellent quality, however, they lacked great flavor. They were not spiced in any way and were not presented with any of the juices. The Fleming's potatos and mashed potatos and green beens were quite delicious and the cheesecake and creme brulee were both excellent. Overall I would give them a 9 out of 10 because the steak (though good) was not as good as many steaks The seafood, vegetables, and desserts were better than the steak. Overall, I was very satisfied with my meal, the ambiance, the waitstaff. I would recommend this restaurant to others, but it doesn't rank in my top three steakhouses to date. Remember, steaks are very personal with regards to how people like them dressed or seasoned. Yes, you should try this place.

• Visited May 2014
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“You be the judge...”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If high price is what you're after, you've come to the right place. A la carte $12 side salad & $10 baked potato to go with a $45-55 steak before any drinks means you can expect to spend $90-100 per guest. The food was good, but not that good.
Server "teams" weren't as attentive as you'd expect, and when my $12 salad was given to another in our party, even the main server didn't recognize or correct the error. It looked good, but I can't tell you how it tasted!
In my opinion there are steak houses in Spring/Houston that are just as good for half the price.

Hi Troy B.,

Thank you for your feedback recently. I understand that value is important to our guests. It's equally important to us at Fleming's, that you experience and feel that you received a great value for what you pay in our restaurants. In a prime steakhouse, where we serve the top 2% of beef in the US, perfect execution from our culinary team is essential. I apologize that what you received that evening, was not perfectly executed nor the error noticed by our server.

I would be happy to discuss the evening with you further to see how we can continue to improve our dining experience for our guests. Please feel free to contact me at the restaurant at 281.362.0103 or at ctamillo@flemingssteakhouse.com.

Spring, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had dinner for my husband's Birthday. We were treated literally like Royalty. The staff was great and very personable. The meal was excellent and the service was well above average. I would recommend this restaurant for a beautiful evening out.

• Visited April 2014
Huntsville, Texas
“Service subtantially less than expected”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I took our grandaughter and her mother to Easter Lunch. When we arrived there was an empty vehicle parked in the middle of the valet drop off area. We sat in our car waiting from someone to get the car. Finally, we managed to pull around the empty car. We arrived early for our reservation and the host did not warmly welcome us. We had drinks in the bar while waiting for our table and the server was outstanding. While waiting for our table, we ran into a friend who had walked in off the street and secured a table immediately. After we were seated, it took about 10 minutes for our waiter to arrive. After an hour, I had to ask the manager about our lunch. About ten minutes later it was served. The food was very good. I asked for the check and received it promptly. Ten minutes later, it has not been collected and I had to ask another waiter to take my credit card payment. Finally, our waiter stopped by, and when told I had given the check to someone else, he left and came back, that's right, another ten minutes later. My wife could see him visiting with other staff near the kitchen. We were given two $25 discount cards, which I did not request and will probably not use. The kitchen may have been slow but our waiter was not attentitive. We have dined at Flemings five or six times, but it will be a while before we return.

• Visited April 2014
Hi FRHolmes1,

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to your Easter Brunch experience with us. I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. I apologize for what was not our standard. We strive hard as a team to ensure that each guest has a great experience with us every time you dine with us.

I am the new Operating Partner at this location and take guest feedback very serious. I feel that our guests are our best business partners. I look forward to speaking with you further. I would hate for this to be your last experience with us. I can assure you that we have been training and working deligently to ensure that each guest experience is memorable.