“Best places decline if not taken care!”

Hubbell & Hudson Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Hubbell & Hudson Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Robbins
Description: The concept behind our progressive new American bistro is simple. Combine the world-class talent of our Executive Chef Austin Simmons' procure only the best, top-quality ingredients at the peak of freshness and flavor, an inspiration influenced by both classical and modernist techniques from Europe and Asia - The result is an innovative menu that can change as quickly as new deliveries of in-season inspiration arrive. Acclaimed as one of Houston's Top 100 Restaurants, Bistro is open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
“Best places decline if not taken care!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This was one of my favorite restaurants in the woodlands until this week.

First of all they closed the market which was one of the main attractions of the restaurant... This obviously cannot influence my rating.

Apart from that they started to decline as the quality of the food is greatly diminished.

Service is slow and they do not have a clue about their menu!!

From my point of view Hubble & Hudson represents how if a restaurant is not taken care of closely it will decline within time.

I won't be going there easily taking into account it's not near cheap for the crappy quality they have acquired.

1 Thank Pedro F

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Atmosphere, Excellent Food!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently, I’ve been in The Woodlands a lot so this is a great new find for me.

This was my first time to Hubbell and Hudson and it was certainly a success. I invited a friend to join me…she’d been there many times and jumped at the chance to go again.

The atmosphere was exactly what I look for in an upscale restaurant: Cozy, modern, hip, and friendly. There’s something to be said about knowing you are having a fine-dining experience yet, also knowing you can relax and not feel stuffy. I’d heard so much about the food and was excited.

Before I continue, I have to say that it’s obvious the chef is having fun. Sea, Land, and air…Hubbell and Hudson delivers a menu that is as creative as it is extensive.

For starters, we ordered the ultra-rare Ahi Tuna and the Crispy Quail. Both appetizers did their job, opening up our palates with their delicate and tasty designs, but leaving us wanting more.

We were in the mood for seafood so we decided to order the Alaskan Halibut and the Sea Bass. I can talk up the genius of the Shiitake mushroom Israeli couscous served with the halibut or the unique matchmaking technique of serving lemon and goat cheese Yukon purée with the sea bass but honestly, you’d have to go and taste it for yourself to truly begin to understand how delicious both plates were. To say we were more than satisfied, would be an understatement.

I won’t lie, we had dessert, my friend would not have let us leave without it. I don’t recall exactly what it was but I can tell you it was chocolate filled chocolate medallions and that they were like tasting a piece of heaven. Lol

The service at Hubbell and Hudson was excellent, everyone was helpful, friendly, and attentive. I can see why it’s one of my friend’s favorite restaurants in The Woodlands. It’s now one of mine too!

khobar
“Simply Amazing...”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

we were visiting the woodsland and just got hungry and didn't where to eat...so for some reason we landed at this place. To tell you the truth, we were about to leave as it was brunch time and they didn't offer lunch or dinner menus at that time...but we eventually decided to stay. So, basically we gave full delegation to the waitress (a lovely lady i think from Honduras) and she did an outstanding the job! my wife had a salad with Almond (very nice) and a Cajun chicken sandwich and i had the fillet bedded on a mix of crab cakes and mashed potatoes and it was delicious! The desert was also recommended by the waitress...it was chocolate balls filled with melted chocolate sauce...it was really nice!
we will go back for sure...but this time, we want to try the full menu!

“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am so grateful to have eaten at many of the best restaurants in he country. This was a very enjoyable meal. The atmosphere and the staff were friendly and inviting. THe pesto and bead happened to go marvelously with the wine we chose. We split the wedge salad which was good, but typical. The scallops were beautifully presented and prepared perfectly. My husband had the flank steak which was also pretty and very tasty. The only slight complaint I had about the scallops were that the dish as a whole was slightly over seasoned. In all, a very enjoyable meal.

Houston, Texas
“Love, love, love this place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everything you order is awesome. I was so sad when they closed the grocery store attached, but we still come to the restaurant . The service is good and the food is fabulous.

Visited May 2014