“What a treat!”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here our wedding night and it was the perfect way to end the night. The concierge, Roc, had put some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room with a kind note congratulating us. The room was exactly what we expected in that it was clean, modern and full of funky personality from the far out purple light fixture to the tv with the backlighting. The bathroom had a spacious walk-in shower with a frosted peekaboo window to the bedroom. The room had a great view overlooking their terrace with pool and fire pit with market Street beyond. Breakfast the next morning was just as satisfying with the bananas foster french toast and chorizo burrito that my husband told all of his friends about, lol. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking pool and Market Street
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2011

The hotel is close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The valet was exceptional. Our room was perfect and the pool area is beautiful. We would totally stay again the next time we are in Houston!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel preferable because hotel is in a shopping village.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend get away. We chose the hotel since it was close to the Cynthia Woods Pavilion, where we had tickets for a concert. The hotel is walking distance to the venue, and is in the center of the market street area. The hotel was awesome. All the staff we encountered were very nice. The rooms were very clean and modern. Beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed a drink at the lounge on the second level that overlooks market street. Everything was close by making it easy to have a relaxing time. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I can't say enough great things about this hotel and the staff working there. My friends and I spent one night there in the presidential suite and it was, quite simply, fabulous! The staff are a real credit to the management.. From the valet to the concierge, to the receptionists to the restaurant waiters - all go the extra mile to make sure your stay is special. We will return for sure. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank CaliLover05
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here for My Birthday, and had the presidential Suite.. WOW. I had about 10 Guests in the suite and 2 Guitar's!!, we did not get hassled once, and we were left alone to party.

The hotel is cool, clean, and the staff attentive, but not in your face. The suite was amazing, more than i expected, and all my friends enjoyed it.

I hope it can keep its small Boutique feel, now that Hyatt have taken over. Keep on Rockin

Room Tip: If you win the Lotto, get the presidential Suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our first night of our honeymoon before going to hawaii. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The hotel was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a high class stay within a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I decided to have a "staycation" for our anniversary an picked the avia hotel in the woodlands. We were told we could check in earlier than the 4pm checkin time which I thought was a little late. When we arrived at 2 they told us they didn't have our room available but they would give us a call. We received no call and when I called back around 5 I was placed on hold for 5 minutes just to check to see if our room was.
available. Ridiculous! When we arrived the hotel room was nice but the bathroom floor was still wet
from them mopping. The next
morning the called us at 11 to
check out. When I asked for more
time she said she could only give
us 30 mins. I am confused on why check out is so early when check in is so late.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Xyz201
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my apology for the miscommunication and inconvenience you encountered when you stayed with us recently.  Unfortunately with only 70 rooms, there are times when we have sell outs on both nights and it becomes difficult to allow guests to check in early or late in order to get the rooms ready properly.  We missed it on several fronts with your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further and to extend a gesture of good will in hopes that you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again.

In hospitality,