All reviews market street boutique hotel presidential suite bathroom light the room service menu within walking distance cynthia woods girls trip infinity pool during happy hour attending a concert movie theater great shopping mitchell pavilion fire pit a wonderful stay front desk staff
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Every year Ironman host's a 140.6 in the Woodlands and Hyatt Market Place never ceases to amaze. There attention to both the athletes and spectators needs are truly anticipated on every level. From custom grab-and-go breakfast's served extra early on race day, to extra towels, and unique touches of encouragement such as a letter of congratulations for the athletes. We will always stay at the Hyatt Market Street when visiting the Woodlands, both for a race and for leisure.

• Stayed: May 2013
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review. The Ironman is such an incredible event, we are honored to be a part and in awe of the athletes who participate. See you on your next visit to the Woodlands.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This gorgeous former boutique hotel is situated in the heart of Market Street. No need for a car. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants, and even the big mall is within walking distance. Perfect for our date weekend. The rooms are new and gorgeous! Designer finishes and super clean. The chocolates were a nice touch.
The only drawback was the very early morning garbage truck. We were awoken by it each morning by 6am! It's hard to believe the city council lets this nonsense go on. The hotels hands are tied on this one. They tried their best to make us happy and they succeeded. Try to get a room facing market street.

Room Tip: Although the back facing rooms still have a gorgeous view of the amphitheatre, ask for a room facing Market street to avoid 6am noise from garbage truck.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are so happy you were able to come visit on your date weekend. I promise we are working with Market Street and the Trash company to ensure that they aren't picking up before 8am, certainly not a great way to wake up on the weekend.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next weekend get a way.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have read reviews of this hotel that say it could be the setting for "The Truman Show", this I think is true, in the best possible way. The setting is a suburban fantasy of shopping and eating that resembles a movie set in the best possible way. The hotel provides the ultimate setting for a concert at the next door pavilion, or just an escape weekend. The upgrade to a a wonderful patio suite was amazing!. Good job Hyatt!

Room Tip: Get a room over the Market Street area, it is like "The Truman Show" in a great way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2y2r2onot2
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you so much for writing about our hotel. We too think it is a very special place and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a great place! My daughter and friend were attending a concert, so we decided to book a room rather than dive back to Houston. Best decision I've made in a long time! Wonderful rooms, outstanding staff and service. Perfect location!

Room Tip: I think they are probably all great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Mel,

Thank you for staying with us. We loved having you, come again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I actually live in Downtown Houston and work from home full-time when not traveling. Because of that I get a little stir crazy sometime so I decided to come up to The Woodlands and spend time in The Market Street area. I never really did that before. So i decided to stay at the Hyatt Market Street Hotel. I'm a platinum member at Hyatt and I generally receive SUPER good service pretty much anyway, so I knew going in that my stay would be nice. However, my expectations were COMPLETELY exceeded within a very short period of time.

Check-in was efficient and quick (which I love). I was also recognized as a platinum members and immediately offered a 2PM checkout (which I always accept). Once I got to the one bedroom suite I was in shock! It was SO beautiful and in fact, the hotel reminds me more of a little boutique hotel versus the usual chain type rooms. One of the main reasons I loved it but aside from that the suite was super clean, organized and very well appointed. The furnishings were clean and very nice. The big highlight for me was the HUGE shower and bathroom (which I love). I think i took 3 showers within a six hour period just because it was so nice.

I did not order any room service during this stay but I did call the front desk for extra towels, extra coffee products, and some extra soap. The housekeeper that came to the door was really nice and offered to get me anything else I needed. I noticed during my stay that the housekeepers were really, really friendly and they did a great job cleaning my suite.

I did walk up to the restaurant area and they offer a beautiful buffet and it looked really good but I already had meal plans outside the hotel. The pool, little hottub and outdoor area on the second floor was really wonderful, comfortable, etc. In the evenings they have happy hour every night, offer outdoor musicians to relax by and little fireplaces that you can sit around. In fact, my suite overlooked this area and the music (while bothersome to others) was quite nice to me.

The bed was extra comfortable and came with a LOT of pillows (which I love for my mandatory fort building prior to going to sleep). I slept like a baby both nights I was at the hotel.

This hotel is now my little weekend getaway when I need to get out of the city for a couple nights. I honestly can't wait to come back!

Email me if you have any questions about the hotel or surrounding area.

Room Tip: Opt for a one bedroom suite...they are not that much more and believe me, you will LOVE the huge space and comfortable setting!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Scotty,

Thank you very much for all of your kind words. Our team of associates is truly amazing and we are very fortunate to have a great location and beautiful product. We value your business and hope to see you again very soon in The Woodlands.