“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I spent over $1300 dollars on two room for two days for my family who were joining me in A figure competition.I came back to a dirty room at 5pm when I asked to claen my room.They discounted each room $20 for my complaints.But the worst thing of all is what happened to my car.I have a 2009 Benz with a low front bumper and spoiler.When valet pulled up with my car the whole spoiler was damaged from parking on a curve.When I freaked out the valet employees said we only back our cars in, when in fact they have one place they pull in and my car was parked there because i saw it from the 10th floor friday night.They are liars, and the Manager didnt care and basically called me a liar. They refused to pay for the damage and the manager said they did enough for me by taking $20 off each room that cost $239 per night.Beware of this hotel.They dont have room service either.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank IronAngel1
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Dear AVIA Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you felt we did not handle the situation with your parked valet car to your satisfaction. Prior to your departure, we did complete a thorough investigation with the valet company including looking at your vehicle and the area that the car was parked in over the weekend. It was determined that the valet did not cause the damage and therefore you should file a claim with your insurance company. This is the best course of action for you.

We did discount both of your rooms due to housekeeping service being late, as you described, and we are truly sorry for that inconvenience. In addition, we have added breakfast room service since your visit with us.

We regret that you were not satisfied with our services and please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide for you.

In hospitality,
Dave Brown, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Centric The Woodlands

Reviewed 19 August 2010

Then stay here. It is a block away and it is spectacular! The staff was incredible. They open the door every time you approach. They have umbrellas to borrow which was a saving grace since it poured on us at the Jack Johnson concert. The rooms, the pool, the ambiance and the decor all awesome. We loved it from the moment we walked in.
The room was luxurious with two opening windows looking out over the Market. There was construction going on but with the windows closed you couldn't tell. Black out curtains and screens to block heat and glare. The bed was so comfortable, the room and bathroom so spacious. There was not one thing we would have changed. We had a little getaway in the middle of the week and the Avia made it so memorable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for the great comments regarding your middle of the week getaway at AVIA. I am so glad we had umbrellas on hand to keep you dry at the concert. It is great that you have a perfect stay and we can't wait to see you again!

In hospitality,
Dave Brown, General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Thought hotel might be a weebit too gaudy for us, however, we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed for the promixity to the Cynthia Woods Pavilian & don't regret it. Price is reasonable considering rooms are spacious and very elegant. HEB w/i walking distance & restaurants too. Would recommend if going to a concert and have a long drive back. Pool is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised with AVIA and the hotel is in a great location for your needs. Thank you for giving us a try and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

All the previous reviews are accurate. The property is lovely for several reasons… I do just want to point out a few things. Not really negative- but things I wish I would have known. The rooms are NYC / San Francisco small. The previous reviwers must have stayed in a suite. I asked the front desk if all the rooms were this small- and they said the standard rooms- yes. So check the square footage if that is important to you. But- The bathrooms are larger than normal. I really liked this aspect. Closet door was a drape- kind of different.

The windows are not sound-proof. If you face the pool- you will hear the DJ until 10:30 or so. You will know what songs are being played- NOT just the beat. Ask for a room on the other side. The music went on from 6:00-10:30. This may bother some individuals. There are black out drapes for light.

The pool is very beautiful…

Another unique aspect is the housekeeping staff shares one of the eleveators with the guests. You do not see this too often; if you have experienced this before, you know what I am talking about.

Walking distance from the Woodlands Mall also.

Very clean- brand new. Seems DO know what they are doing….

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I do apologize that you weren't pleased with the size of your room. We do have several room types available at the hotel and from your review it sounds as though you stayed in the smaller of the rooms available. I also apologize for the music you were able to hear in your room from the pool area.

I do want to let you know that we are committed to enhancing our guest's experience with us by providing excellent customer service and awareness of these concerns greatly helps us with our staff training so that the next time you are with us we will be better prepared to offer you the experience we strive for!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2010

Great location, nice room if you need sleep! Shut all the curtains and you will never know what time it is...oh but don't touch the mini bar! It will charge you for whatever you touch! Great ambience, awesome pool area.

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear you had a great night's sleep! Thank you for the favorable comments regarding the location and ambiance of the hotel. The mini bar is electronically integrated with the hotel property management system, and all charges are triggered by weight sensors. I hope you contacted the front desk if you were charged in error for any item so the charge could be removed. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in The Woodlands.

Reviewed 3 June 2010

Highy Recomended: Market Street The Woodlands is host to the new Avia Hotel in Town Center.Lots of Hotel Amenities ,Breakfast Buffet ,Coffee Maker in Room ,Lighted make-up mirror and hair dryer ,Beautiful Balcony veiw of the pool,Flat Panel Television - 42",In-room massage and spa services upon request

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased you had a great stay and highly recommend AVIA. Thank you for the nice review regarding the hotel location and amenities offered. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 May 2010

Wow...What a hotel. We stayed at the Avia May 21st and 22nd, and were absolutely thrilled with everything. The suite looked even better than the photos show. The living area, bedroom and bathroom were all oversized. The bed and bedding were so comfortable, the room stayed cool (even though it felt like an oven outside). This was the first time we had ever stayed at such an upscale hotel and were very pleased that our money was well spent!!! We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel recognized that event also. The staff were so friendly and could answer every question regarding the surrounding area and they always had a smile for you. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. I would love to go back to this hotel. The hotel is situated in the middle of an upscale little town. It is a very nice area and I would love to go back......... Hopefully soon. D. Ellsworth

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Wow! Thank you for the awesome review regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I'm overjoyed you had a great anniversary getaway and we were able to make the weekend special as well. I am pleased the staff was friendly and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recommending AVIA and we hope to see you again soon!