“Ironman By They Waterway”
Review of The Goose's Acre

The Goose's Acre
Ranked #40 of 218 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Goose's Acre Irish Pub stood on Main Street, Midleton, Ireland, immediately in front of "The Goose's Acre," a historical landmark named by locals where geese gaggles grazed in the 1800's. The pub opened in 1886 and was handed down from father to son through the years. In 2005, the pub was forced to close to make way for new development. While back in Ireland visiting relations, Brian Young and Colm O'Neill proposed purchasing the contents of the pub, to include both bars, from the previous owner who was distraught over the pending loss of the pub's history and heritage. Although it meant shipping the pub across the Atlantic Ocean, the previous owner was ecstatic that The Goose's Acre Irish Pub would continue its traditions of bygone times. Brian Young and Colm O'Neill made the decision to bring this authentic pub to The Woodlands to share the romance and history of years past. We welcome you to pull up a chair and enjoy the experience of The Woodlands only authentic European Pub. You'll find Happy Hour (all day long!), a traditional yet inventive bar and dining menu, the best drinks a most a truly irreplicable Irish Pub feel with the beautiful, hardwood fixtures and original furnishings.
Tomball, TX
“Ironman By They Waterway”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Herman Memorial Hospital sponsored an Ironman competition and this couldn't be a better location to sit and eat and drink while watching the runners go by. As busy a Saturday as it was and thousands of people in the area, our waiter remained pleasant and attentive! I can easily see spending any day of the week sitting here enjoying the sun and good company. Had some finger foods that were good and the happy hour prices couldn't be beat! I'd go back!

• Visited May 2014

Spring, Texas
“Brunch on the waterway”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very little if anything to dislike. Beautiful Sunday morning, the waterway in front of my friend and I and our German Shepherd. Huge menu choices. I'm a sucker for lox and bagels which were wonderful.

Visited February 2014
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Place for Dinner and Drinks with Friends”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Once a month my girlfriends and I get together for dinner and drinks. We have always enjoyed ourselves, but unfortunately the last time we were there. We had a problem with two of the server's. They were both VERY RUDE to us. We are going to continue to meet there. However in the future I will make sure we don't sit at their tables again. Great food and drinks.

• Visited April 2014
Texas
“Spare me the cigar smoke”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went to the Gooses' Acre today. The only seat available was next to a man smoking a cigar. We told the host that we couldn't take the cigar smoke. He indicated that it was an outside patio and he couldn't do anything about it. Me, I was not happy. Cigarette smoke I can take. But I am not putting up with a cigar being smoked 5 feet away from me. As we left, we could smell it 30 feet away. In my opinion, the Goose should control cigar smoking.

• Visited April 2014
Houston, Texas
“Bad Irish coffee and stingy wine pours”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

First, I like the location and atmosphere of this place. The food is off and on but it usually is a great spot to stop in for a drink and sit outside on the patio. Went with a small group for St. Patricks Day about 4 in the afternoon. $5 dollar cover charge - okay as they had various musicians playing. But here is the clincher...the Irish coffee was absolutely horrible; hard to even say it resembled Irish coffee. So we switched to wine and we literally received less than one third of wine in the little clear plastic cup. I complained and the bartender said "this is our standard pour". Wow - it was about two small short glasses of wine and if that's a standard pour, don't bother going here. Sad as this has the potential of being an exceptional place if they tried harder.

• Visited March 2014