“not impressed”

Berryhill Baja Grill
Ranked #160 of 220 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Welcome to Berryhill Baja Grill - a highly acclaimed, Houston-based restaurant chain that features unique, baja-style cuisine. Our tantalizing south-of-the-border menu is much more than your standard tex-mex tacos and tamales. In fact, the unique, innovative offerings of our chefs give a new twist to this Seriously Fresh Mex!
“not impressed”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was seeking Mexican or Tex-Mex so a friend brought me here. I left hungry and I am not a picky eater at all. Bar took a while to bring me my drink. Ordered a michelada which is typically served on ice and with a beer and very spicy. It was watery and hot and they did not put the beer on the side. I didn't end up drinking it. Food portion was good but food was bland. Sauces didn't taste freshly made. Fast-food styled, should have been priced as such.

Boardman, Ohio
“Terrible Experience!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently (July 20th @ 6:30pm) dined at this establishment while visiting Houston. Let me first start by saying the employees could use a lesson or additional training in customer service. We walked in and because this was out first visit, we were waiting for direction on if we seated ourselves or if someone would be seating us. That didn't happen. My husband had to ask the bartender (unfortunately didn't get his name because I wanted to include it in this review). The bartender seemed less then thrilled that we would be sitting in the bar but at a table. We sat down and waited for about 5 minutes waiting for him or someone to approach us. Again, that didn't happen. I noticed a sign that stated if you wanted to order food/drinks that you need to order at the bar. Okay..I understand that but do you think the bartender could have told us that instead of allowing us to sit there??!! None the less, we ordered and someone from the kitchen brought our food. The order was wrong and had to be sent back. I'm pretty certain I could have had a better meal from the Taco Bell down the street. I ordered spicy tacos. They were far from spicy and they were soggy. The chips were stale and I'm not sure about the "salsa". The worst part of the visit was about half way through our meal, two younger girls came in and sat a table near us and wouldn't you know it...the bartender comes right out to take their order and then later checked to see if everything was okay with their meals!! Really??!! I guess had we have been two attractive young girls we would have got the attention and service a paying customer should receive. I didn't realize when we decided to dine there that it would pretty much be a serve yourself establishment. Too many options for dining - don't waste your money with this one!

“Worst food I've ever paid for”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

So disappointing. This is hands down the worst food I've ever had and I am NOT a picky eater but there wasn't one thing I thought was good and like another reviewer stated this was the first time that the meal was so bad I couldn't even eat it. I wanted to say something but I didn't instead I picked at the beans which were the only thing even remotely tasty. I ordered fish tacos which and Ive had many awesome fish tacos but these had no flavor, the fish was so soft it was almost slimy, the "salsa" consisted of chopped up tomatoes that looked days old, the chips were stale, the "queso" dip was a flavorless white substance with no flavor whatsoever it didn't even taste like cheese. The rice was dry and again no flavor. I don't know if this place just caters to people who really have no clue what real good should taste like because I've had good fish tacos and I would never wasted money here again, and for having to Order at the counter, the bill was quite high. The good; the margarita was okay and the staff was very friendly.
I hate to leave bad reviews but I would of rather eaten at 7-11...

Norman, Oklahoma, United States
“Not up to the local hype”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While the food at Berryhill was OK, it was not noteworthy. It WAS our first time and we both had tamales, and the tamales were good, but not outstanding. It was a concert night next door (3 hours before) and the staff seemed to be in a tizzy, rushed, and forgetful.

Next time there we'll likely give them another try when they are not so rushed, but this visit was just so so.

Houston
“Watch The Chips”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Berryhill is known for its fish tacos. They are without equal in the Houston area but the chips are a disappointment, which is not cool in Texas. They are stale. We learned that they only make their chips twice a day. So if your timing is off, your going to get chips that have been around awhile. Sad because their sauce is awesome. Their fish tacos are in sale for $1.99 each on Monday. A very good deal.