“Rough around the edges, but good food”

Crabby Daddy Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #142 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I went there on a weeknight and the place seemed to have a lot of regulars there enjoying themselves. The crawfish were in season, so I had the crabby platter...there pounds of crawfish, three shrimp, two ears of corn, three sausages, and two whole potatoes. All was delicious, and I finished every bit of it. All for 25 dollars. I had also gone there several months back and had a great experience, too.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This place is in my neighborhood, and we have been here a couple times. We have tried several things on the menu, and all have been very good. We find the portion sizes small for the prices charged (example: seafood platter). On our last visit, we had the stuffed mushroom appetizer, which was delicious. They have a nice patio seating area, with live music, but music usually starts late - wish it was more during the dinner hours. Overall, the food here is great, but I find it to be a bit pricey.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'd only been to Crabby Daddy once and truly disliked my crabcake, but we went back and my opinion has really changed. The quality of the food was great. I liked my fish and our visiting friends loved the fried shrimp and po boys.

The restaurant has outside seating and two walls of plate glass windows. My husband and I returned to the restaurant on one of the colder nights in January. The restaurant was frigid - we still stayed for a meal with our coats on - we really like the food.

Our server was terrific - very efficient and courteous. He must have been very cold in just a short sleeved shirt.

So go for great seafood, but not when the temps are below freezing. Or when the sun is shining.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Had my first oysters on the half-shell and they were excellent. They currently have them on special from Monday-Thursday for $7.95 per dozen and more than worth it. Fresh and tasty.
Had oysters three different ways that night: Raw, in their excellent Gumbo and on an Oyster Po-boy.
The wife had the crab stuffed jumbo shrimp, which she pronounced as excellent. Her only comment was that she could have consumed several more.
Service is fast but not pushy. Beer is cold.
I'll be back next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Crabcake was flakey and tasty. Crisp cole slaw, and fresh & hot french fries. Endless iced tea. Overall lighting was dark, but at each table it was bright. Attentive service by David R. Would return if in the area.