“Terrible service, food not great”
Review of Caffe di Fiore

Caffe di Fiore
Ranked #3 of 223 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Description: Family owned Authentic Mexican restaurant nestled in the back of the Woodlands. We have been in business for over five years, serving the Woodlands community. We pride ourselves in nothing but the freshest ingredients to execute our authentic flavors of Mexico. If you are looking for true Mexican food, and not the Tex Mex you see all over Houston, then search no further! We also cater special events, and have live music on Saturday evenings.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

small place, little atmosphere, service is awful and aside from the salad, I haven't eaten anything here I would want to eat again!

1  Thank Michelle S

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is the real think. Free and tasteful original Mexican food. Do not believe other reviews, the service and quality of food are very good. It is not tex-mex cuisine. The restaurant sells also has a bakery section with great pastries and variety of breads. The owners are always around ensuring top customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was disappointed in the flavor of the mole sauce on the enchiladas I ordered. It did not taste like mole I've had at places like Irma's in downtown Houston or at other restaurants. I ended up scraping off the mole sauce and instead topping the chicken enchiladas with the queso ordered as an appetizer. I will not order this dish again at this restaurant.

As for the queso, it did not have much flavor. I could fix a better queso myself at home.

1  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We wanted a quick meal close to home and stopped in since it was recommended by a local tv station as having great Mexican food. The only good thing that can be said is that the portions were large and the decor was nice. The woman who came after we seated ourselves gave us the breakfast and lunch menu then had to come back with the dinner menu which was essentially the same as lunch only more expensive. We ordered fajitas for 2 chicken only and asked for a combination of corn and flour tortillas. The waiter asked did we want a combination of the meat - beef and chicken too and I said NO, just chicken. The waiter first brought the charro beans (watery soup with a lot of pepper), a plate with pico de gallo and guacamole and 2 small plates. He came back with a platter of the meat and surprise, it was beef and chicken! So I told him we ordered chicken only. And, we were the only customers so you think he could have gotten it right! The corn tortillas were store bought and the flour ones were chewy. We never got a larger plate but had to manage on one about 4 inches in diameter. There was chicken and onions on the bottom that were raw on top and burned on the bottom section where they were on the metal platter. When the bill came I was shocked to see that the iced tea was $3.00 a glass! The fajitas cost $32 to 2 and was much higher than local Mexican places. There was very little fajita flavor on the meat and it was all together very unsatifying. We had to ask to get shredded cheese and sour cream which should have been brought with the other condiments. Very disappointed and we will NOT be back!

1  Thank txlady12
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

We came here by a recommendation of a Mexican friend for "great mexican food". I lived in Mexico for 14 yrs so I think I know what Real mexican food should be. Sadly, the food is not good as mexican or any other style. Service was poor and slooooooow. I must say that we gave the place three tries. No more for us. Will not be coming back.