“Great value, great hotel”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Sacramento, California
“Great value, great hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

On a recent first-time trip to visit family in Texas, we stayed at the SpringHill Suites in The Woodlands. Wow! What a tremendous value. My mom and I were traveling together and were very comfortable in a room with two queen beds. The commode (toilet) and a small sink were in a separate room from a more standard-sized sink and tub/shower which was great for sharing with another person to get ready in the morning. The room was spacious, clean and modern. Beds were wonderfully comfortable with lots of pillows. It had a desk area and sofa and wi-fi. There was a nice, well-presented breakfast buffet included with our stay that featured yogurt, cereal, fruit, eggs, bacon, and various bagels/bread, juice, etc. We did not use the pool area and the proximity to the highway was unnoticeable to us. They have a small store-like area that features personal care items, snacks and soft drinks/water. The staff was super friendly. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for one night as we wanted to be in the lake conroe / woodlands area and this was an excellent hotel!
the rooms are nice and spacious, clean, modern, the inside organization was non standard and we liked it.
the beds are great!! and the sofa bed opened for a queen for my 2 daughters and the room still was very spacious and not claustrophobic like they usually get when you open the sofa bed.

the high speed internet was really trully high speed and downloading was great as watching streaming video.

the breakfest was the standard no better no worse

there are only 2 downsides as i see it,
the hotel is right on the I-45, our room was on the other side of the building and adequately soundproofed so that didnt bother us, friends who traveled with us and slept on the other side did hear a bit but not enough to bother them but if you are a light sleeped that could be an issue.

the other downside is the pool which is out back between the hotel and the freeway, so when swimming you feel as if you are in the middle of the free way... we did not enjoy it that much...
but that is the downside of the location.

other than that the staff were very nice and helpful, lots of resturants in the are and the mall is 4 minutes away would highly recommend to stay here another stay,

if it wasnt on the free way it would get an easy 5 star from me......

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the free way and not close to the elevator that has a loud chime...
1 Thank eagle132
Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel is nicely decorated with modern ammentities from the color schemes, to the wall coverings, decor, bedding, etc.

Open airey, spacious and just calm!

Great for families, you don't feel like you are on top of each other.

It is a little difficult to find tucked off of 45 S access road, but once their your glad your their away from the hustle and bustle of the Houston traffic.

Perfect location to get to most of the activities happening in this area.

Slight "con" is that the pool is outside next to the highway which is very loud, no real relaxtion there, but if you know kids will be playing your not going to get much of that anyway :-)

Business center nice and tucked away, sleak counters and computers.

Staff courteous and professional.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

This was a very good hotel in The Woodlands/Conroe vicinity. I was here for about a week. The decor was a little eclectic, but nothing too extreme. I'm not sure about the age of the property, but the hotel seemed to be in good shape and was clean. Rooms seemed to be organized a little differently. For example, the bathroom in my room had the equivalent of two 1/2 baths side-by-side. The commode and a little sink were in one closet-like room and the shower and full sink setup were in an adjacent room. It was a little unusual, but not unsettling or anything. The Internet (Wi-Fi) was awesome with truly fast download and upload speeds and strong, stable signals. Tech support for Wi-Fi was even great, as I needed a minor accommodation to make my VPN work. My only complaints are two things that could, arguably, be out of the hotel's control. First, rude, classless neighbors that were very loud at late hours and liked playing variations of the door slamming game. Second, a sledgehammer and other construction noise, which started quite early a few mornings (parking lot maintenance). My limited contact with front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. No billing or reservation problems. As usual, I did not try, or know if this property had, free/paid breakfast, business or fitness centers, or swimming pool. Flat screen TVs, of course. Overall, this was a good value that I will strongly consider using again when I have reason to be in the area.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasPro
Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel over the weekend. The hotel, our room, exercise room, pool and whirlpool were very clean (#1 on my list). The location was excellent being right off the access road to I-45. A large mall was within 3-4 miles, multiple restaurants and fast food places were very close and of course all the normal shopping stores were close (some within yards but all within a few miles). The staff was excellent and helpful.

We paid $129 for a king size suite and could have slept a family of four easily, more if you didn't mind being close. Our room had a king size bed with a sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper sofa (we kept them as couches). An excellent bathroom set-up with a toilet/sink facilities on one side (with door) and a huge shower and vanity on the other side (with door). A desk separated the sleeping area from the living area. We also had a fridge and microwave. The room was spacious and very well laid out (did I mention clean?). The temperature control was very good. The only complaint I would have, and the reason I deducted a point, is the towels and linens were very rough (sandpaper rough). Given the excellence of everything else, that detail surprised me.

The breakfast was standard. Also, we were there during some kind of soccer tournament and soccer players were everywhere but we experienced no problems with noise, lines, etc.

This is our first time at a SpringHill Suites and all I can say is they are now on our go-to list. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the interstate access road so there was some noise but it wasn't enough to keep u...
Lewisville, Texas, USA
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Any teams traveling with young kids or teens, STAY HERE! Jeanne Erwin, and their ENTIRE staff was so fantastic to work with. We are a traveling soccer team, so we have experienced many hotels over the years, and as the manager of the team, I can honestly say, I have NEVER had better service. They were extremely accommodating and surprised me at every turn, always offering to go above and beyond for me and my teams. The rooms are configured very great so the girls have different areas in their rooms to "get ready", ie: living room, separate restroom from shower which meant they could shower without interruption. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!!!!

Room Tip: laundry on 2nd floor towards rooms ending in 22. Top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

It's really hard to find a decently priced hotel room for a family if six. Springhill Suites is quickly becoming my go-to. This one was brand new and super clean. The kids said the sofa bed was particularly bad, even by sofa bed standards. I sat on it and it really was bad...so that's why I docked the room a star. The euro style is a bit odd, but nice. I'm not sure why you would need a big walk in closet, but it made a nice changing room. The pool had a little splash pad feature for kids and we were sad to not have time to use it. Good breakfast and Texas shaped waffles!! Overall very happy.

• Stayed May 2012