“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Hewitt, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Travel to this area frequently. This has become my fav place to stay. Brought the family with me on this trip. They loved the decor and the pool. Breakfast is well done. Wal mart and Walgreens close by for the things you forget. Staff is top notch. Great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Well I am not a contemporary person and the decor turned me off. Seeing the rooms, started changing my opinion. The staff is friendly and a couple of drinks at the outside fire pit 'warmed me over". I have stayed at this hotel several more times and it continues to grow on me.

The hotel is a little hard to find the first time. Not to worry, just ask the front desk for the easy in/out directions and those troubles will be behind you, leaving a spacious, modern room to enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jh1253
Denton
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Came in extremely late, around midnight due to our other hotel being extremely disgusting. Was greeted by a young woman named Gloria at the front desk. She got us into a room and even a late check out. Had such a positive attitude and good sense of humor. She was the turning point of our night. Would definitely stay there again. Oh...the rooms are amazing too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mmezeul
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I tend to like good suprises when I travel, but I also enjoy clean, well run lodging no matter where I end up. Recently I was working near the Montgomery/Conroe, TX area for a month and landed two days off. I've heard about The Woodlands for years and also knew they recently added a Trader Joe's there (another one of my passions!). TripAdvisor reviewers mentioned the oddity or modern thrust of the decor here, both as a positive and as a negative. So I was intrigued.

Now, The Woodlands, TX isn't the easiest community to navigate. There are few thru streets and I-45 cuts a huge swath right down the center - offering confusing entrances and exits. I missed the turn into the hotel and it was quite an adventure getting back around to it... all part of travel! Once I arrived I enjoyed every minute at the hotel.

The lobby is the first big hint that this location is something different visually and I loved it on sight! Lime green light weight fabric panels surround an oval shaped seating area and they lift and sway with drafts, creating a soothing effect. Furniture in the lobby is modern, cushioned in strong sqare lines and colors but comfortable. The front desk is also curved rather than sharply rectangular, carrying out a sense of welcome and accessibility.

The young women behind the desk were smiling, pleasant and helpful. My first room turned out to be located right next to the elevator so I returned to the desk and was reassigned a quieter room with good humor, eye contact and a smile.

I loved my room! Everything IS modern with an easy blend of square and rounded surfaces, lovely greens and creams, a sectional with a chaise at one end and a coffee table placed exactly where my feet always end up when I'm sitting on a couch. There were actually bolsters and coordinating cushions spread across the couch and it was firm but "sink-in" comfortable. The large flat screen TV was placed between the sleeping and sitting areas and pivoted either way. The king bed was a dream - I wished my husband were there with me!

Interestingly, a toilet & mini sink were separate from the large, beautifully tiled multi-head shower and sink, with unusual lighting around the mirror. Unfortunately, it wasn't make-up lighting so putting on my make-up took place over the tiny sink in the toilet room. Both bathroom areas were able to be closed off from the main room by sliding pocket doors - such a nice touch. The blackout curtains worked, the AC was quiet and there was a really nice sized refrigerator and microwave in the entrance area stocked with enough coffee and tea.

Let's not forget the complementary breakfast - expansive! They offered waffles, eggs and meat, fresh bread goods, fruit, cold and hot cereals/grits, yogurt, milk, coffee, juices and an attractive seating area. Iced water with lemon slices was even available in the lobby in a beautiful frosted glass container. And unbelievably, a lovely little dark wood full bar niche, open each evening off the lobby, complete with stools, background mirror and TV.

Such a refreshing change from the zillions of cookie cutter motels and hotels. I will be back to work each summer for the coming years - and I will return to this fantastic little gem on my weekend off! Oh, and for those of you that do like to shop, The Woodlands Mall and high end Market Street are an easy 5-minute drive. I went to the cinema to catch a matinee and the whole environment looked like one of the classiest urban shopping areas I've seen.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a king room opposite I-45 for an even quieter stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SailIntotheMystic
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent one night here on our way to an event in The Woodlands. It was conveniently located off of the highway.

The front desk person was courteous upon our arrival.

We had a room with 2 queen beds. The rooms were quite spacious with a comfortable living area. Microwave, fridge, and ipod doc included. The room was spotless - other than one of the bar glasses smelling like they had leftover juice in them. The inside of the glass was sticky and housekeeping had put plastic wrap over the glass. They should replace the glasses after each guest to avoid that problem. Beds were very comfortable. A/C was easy to control. Bathroom soaps were better than average. The room did smell like the dentist's office. My only problem with the room was that the configuration was a bit odd.

Pool area was adequate and well-maintained. A bit on the small side if you want to swim laps but I managed to anyway.

The breakfast buffet had a variety of foods. Fruits, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, toast, bagels, muffins, waffles, yogurt, cereal, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We were very impressed with this hotel. Everything was perfect and we will stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

The only thing I noticed about our room was a strange smell. I really think it was a cleaning product and once inside I didn't smell it anymore. I could find absolutely no other faults. It's clean, I loved the arrangement, lots of room, loved the decor and I slept great!! I especially loved how the bathroom was placed with separate room for toilet with a small sink and the shower and a vanity in another little room both with pocket doors!

Our room was on the second floor right next to the elevator and we never had a problem with noise. The rooms seemed very sound proof!

The splash pad is a great idea too!!

Nice friendly staff as well!

• Stayed July 2012