“Modern Hotel With High-Quality Accommodations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Dallas, Texas
“Modern Hotel With High-Quality Accommodations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Surrounded by trees on the south-bound side of I-45 and down the road from a shopping center, this hotel has to be one of the best kept secrets in The Woodlands. A new property, (built in 2011), this hotel has sleek and modern accommodations. From the design of the bedroom, to the bathroom, this hotel has the style of a fancy boutique-type hotel at an affordable price. I stayed in a king one-bedroom suite that included a microwave, mini fridge, and a sofa bed, that looked more like a sofa than a bed. The television is flat-panel, and HBO and other cable channels are options. The toilet (water closet), is separate from the shower. Both rooms have sinks and sliding doors for privacy. Great for couples! The bed was comfortable with fluffy pillows and clean, cotton sheets. The only downside to the room is the small closet.

The fitness center is small, but enough room to do basic cardio and free weights. I didn't utilize the pool area, but after touring it, I thought it was couple and family friendly. There is a splash fountain for children, and a jacuzzi. There is a patio in the front of the hotel (west-side of hotel) which is hidden by brush. It has an outdoor fire-pit which would be cozy on a cold night which is a plus.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything to write home about. It consisted of traditional foods, but lacked in the meat department. The scrambled eggs were those hotel eggs that you've eaten before. Average at best.

I had a great experience at this hotel, and I would highly recommend this brand to others who don't mind driving 30 minutes to downtown Houston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. It's quiet down the hallway.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We've got some hot summer specials going on at SpringHill Suites The Woodlands! Get a low $99.00 rate Fridays - Sundays, from June - September 8, 2013! We want you to come back and see us soon! The Woodlands Red, Hot & Blue Free Festival and Fireworks will be happening at The Woodlands Waterway Square on July 4th!

Hope you come back soon!
Jeanne in Sales
SpringHill Suites The Woodlands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Do you wanna stay in a confy room with modern furniture and te best amenities? This is your hotel in Houston! Bathroom is huge, beds are really confy and the room is perfect for a week in Houston. Family went with me for a trade show and I was surprised by the quality of the hotel. Lobby is mdern, breakfast is very good, with clean dishes and 4 juice flavour options! My kids love the place, specially the pool, where you can spend your time relaxing on a spa pool or swim at a nice regular pool. Bar at the lobby is something that you cannot pass by...front desk, staff in general was awesome! I would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013

Hope you come back soon!
Jeanne in Sales
SpringHill Suites The Woodlands
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very pleased and will stay here again. Great rooms pool bar breakfast & fitness room. Lots of restaurants nearby and a walk to wings n more. My 4 year old loved the hot tub. Price is not to high and service is nice too. My wife likes it as well.

• Stayed May 2013
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had planned on staying here for a night, then moving on to Huntsville, but were so pleasantly surprised we stayed here our entire trip. The room was modern, easy to use, and clean. The only bad thing I would say about the room is the beds were hard! My husband even agreed with me on that one...
The hotel does a really good free breakfast & the gym was nice. They have a decent pool & a nice splash area for the younger kids. Easy location to get to everything in the Woodlands. The staff was wonderful, especially Dominique!!! Would stay at this chain again for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dalton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at, it is trendy, perfectly clean, has a very small and quaint bar, has an outdoor fire pit, and the most courteous staff I have met. I have stayed there three times now and you could not drag me away.

Room Tip: I dont think that there is a bad room, but the elevators are not really fast so the lower level will...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites for one night ahead of the CB&I triathlon. It is just north of the main Woodlands area but an easy 5 min drive on the I-45 frontage road.

The hotel is modern, clean and well furnished. There is a small bar and a continental breakfast is provided. There is a small outdoor pool, hot tub and splash pad.

The rooms are a good size. We had a double queen. There is a separate lounge area that is screened from the main bedroom area. There was a refrigerator and microwave. Also the toilet was separate from the shower (no bath) which helps.

We had a room on the I-45 side of the hotel and I did notice the traffic noise - but then we live in a very quiet area normally.

My only complaint would be the unwillingness of the staff to help me change my reservation. I booked and prepaid with Expedia. Originally I booked a single King and then wanted to switch to a double Queen. Same price. Expedia directed me to the hotel but the staff wouldn't change the booking stating it was prepaid. On arrival though there was a double still available and they did make it available to us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here for almost a week due to a home flooding. I have to say...the staff rocks! The check in rep, check out rep, maids, breakfast coordinator and ESPECIALLY the manager ... they were all just wonderful. Rooms were beautiful, spacious and clean. Breakfast was delicious ... kiddos loved it! The most memorable part of our stay was the manager, Mr. Spencer Dowdle. He made sure our family were comfortable and well taken care of...with our home a hot little mess...it was so nice to be pampered and have that moment of "not worrying" about the headache awaiting us at home. Thank you SpringHill Suites staff...and special thanks and shout out to Spencer Dowdle for looking out for us! Highly recommend this hotel for everyone :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family