“Highly recommend this place”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Dallas, Texas
“Highly recommend this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love this place. What a great room. It has a sitting area with a TV that can be seen from the sitting area and the bedroom. I also liked how the toilet/sink is separate from shower/sink. The room came with a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The Wi-Fi was free! It is next door to a nice Wings and More restaurant so you do not need to travel far to eat.
There is a bar here as well. I left before the breakfast was served so cannot review that. The front desk attendants were friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient.

Room Tip: My room faced away from I-45 so it was very quiet. I am pretty hard of hearing so I think even if I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi BigGuyFromDallas!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and nice review of our hotel! With several restaurants and shopping within walking distance, I hope you get to try other great restaurants in the area, the next time you visit. We will have your room ready and waiting for your next visit.

Hope you come back again, soon!

Jeanne In Sales, SpringHill Suites The Woodlands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband and preschool age son. The hotel is newer and in very good condition. The rooms are nice because they include a sleeping area and a sitting area. The bathroom is split (unlike another Springhill I stayed at). There is a powder room with a toilet and pedestal sink. In the other bathroom is the shower (no tub) with a vanity and sink. The shower is spacious with an adjustable shower head. The bed is comfortable. My only complaints are about the bathroom. The doors don't lock and there is no place to hang up towels (even though they ask you to hang them up to help the environment). Our room faced the highway and you could hear traffic late at night but it wasn't too loud. The breakfast has a good selection for a free breakfast, but it's the same thing every day. My son enjoyed the outdoor pool and the splash pad is nice for kids as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face I-45
Green Features: If they want you to hang up your towels, they should prove a place where you can hang them and they will dry quickly
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi PlatinumFlyer2000!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review. As a newer SpringHill Suites, several of our guests are surprised by the split bathroom concept in each of the guest suites. The new design features are part of Marriott's Green initiatives for a cleaner, more eco-friendly hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our staff to improve for your next visit to our hotel.

Thank you for your continued business!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is an exceptional hotel for the money. The staff is very helpful and professional. It is a new hotel where they have paid attention to the details. If you have stayed at any newer Springhill Suites then it will be similar in appointments and appearance. My room was a mini-suite with a separate sleeping and working/sitting area. It was pretty generous in terms of space. There are separate toilet and shower areas each with a door to separate it from the other areas of the room. Nice touch. The furniture and other appointments are all very tastefully done and actually much nicer than some much more expensive hotels where I have stayed.

There are plenty of towels in the bathroom. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Large TV with premium channels. Very nice shades on the window that block most of the bright light, but still allow you see what's going on outside. Lots of easily accessible outlets. Nice clock radio iDock, although you can only dock an iDevice with the old 30 pin connector and not the Lightening connector on the iPhone 5. Otherwise, I really don't have anything to complain about in terms of the room.

The hotel is right next to the interstate and about 30 minutes from Bush International. If you don't have a car expect about $70 for the taxi ride. My room was on the side away from the highway and I did not hear any road noise. However, I did have a nice view of the parking lot below. The hotel is located on the edge of a shopping center so mostly asphalt and pavement so don't expect much in terms of views or scenery.

There are mostly fast food and chain restaurants nearby. Some are walkable, but realistically you need a car to get much of anywhere. If you do have a car, there is a decent variety in terms of restaurants within a mile or two. TIP: If you get in late and are desperate for something to eat, there is a Walmart across the parking lot that has sandwiches and such that you can reheat in the microwave. If you are doing business in the business center of The Woodlands, it is only about 10 minutes away driving, but definitely not walkable. I don't think public transportation is easily accessible.

This is a very nice hotel and comparable to many more expensive hotels. Price is very reasonable. Staff is very good and professional. You almost certainly will need a car to get anywhere local, although it is only a short dive to the Woodlands business district. Rate include full breakfast which makes it an even better deal. Other than the need for a car and location on the edge of a shopping center, it is pretty nice. If this does not bother you then I recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room on the side away from the highway if you are concerned about road noi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hi Trees55!

Wow! That was a really nice review of our hotel and staff! Thank you for your kind words and honest feedback about SpringHill Suites The Woodlands! Yes, with the growth in the area, all of The Woodlands is under construction, so expect traffic and delays going anywhere within a 5 miles radius of the hotel. I will share your comments with our staff. We always love hearing what our customers say about our service levels.

Thank you for your continued business! We hope to have you back again soon!

Happy Travels!
Jeanne In Sales, SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and it felt so much like home. The rooms have a small living area with a sofa sleeper which we loved since we hv a big family, they had family games that keeped the kids busy. A nice pool, the staff was vr friendly, one night I asked for directions somewhere and she even offered to print them out which is what got us there. The location is great, there is a Berlington and Kohls, walmart and restrants right next to the hotel. And and off course the high is just right there also. I got sick while we were there and wasn't able to get out of bed, room service came by and seen I was still there so left so I didn't think that the room was going to get cleaned and it needed it bad I couldn't do anything, so latter I ended leaving and much to my surprise when we gotback beds had been made trash thrown, I was impresed. The Breakfast was hot and delicious one morning they even served strawberries and a mixture of fruit that me and my kids love. The price was a very good value we got a Excelent Hotel for a Great Price! We wil deff. Stay here again when we come visit again.

• Stayed June 2014
SpringHillSuite... H, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi 6Flaggs!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your kind words! Sounds like you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy that our amazing staff were able to help you. When are you coming back to see us? We would love to have you stay with us again soon.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great experience. We changed our minds about a 100 times and the front desk was more than accommodating. Price was very reasonable for the quality. Rooms were large and very modern set up. Enjoyed the hotel and staff very much. Oh and breakfast was yummyyyy

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Travelluvva99
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Travelluvva99!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and I am very glad we were able to meet your needs!

Hope you get to come back and visit us soon!

Thank you for your continued business!
Mineral Wells, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and his wife picked this hotel back in January to block rooms for their wedding guests. I fell in love with it then. The rooms are clean, modern and roomy. The hotel staff is great and friendly. The maid service was excellent. The breakfast buffet choices are above average, and the atmosphere in the lobby, breakfast area and bar feels like a much larger, upscale hotel. I stayed there again in June for three nights and my experience was just as excellent. It's just a very comfortable, clean, friendly place to me and the only thing that makes the location bad is the highway construction going on at I-45 right now, which is horrendous. It will all be over eventually, so I hope the hotel price doesn't shoot way up. I will still pay to stay there. Great hotel, Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank You Kitgyrl for staying with us!

I want to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your experience with us! We do have several weddings that stay with us, with guests that like to come back and see us for all the cool activities in The Woodlands!

I hope you come back and visit us again soon! We will have your room ready for you!

Hamlin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoy staying at this hotel. It is clean, of a great, modern design, and the staff is helpful and courteous. I arrived later than the rest of our party and called down at around 9pm for a pack n play. One was delivered, along with a sheet and blanket, within 10 minutes. The pool and splash pad are excellent, nice gym and bar. The board games in the evenings are a great touch too. Breakfast is tasty and plentiful. Even with a packed hotel, the buffet was fully stocked during our breakfast. The one complaint I have is the noise level in the rooms that face I-45. I had to turn on a white noise app to help me sleep and the sounds of traffic still woke me twice during the night. You would think that such a new and well designed hotel would have taken the proximity to a major interstate into consideration and installed some thicker or sound damping windows along this side of the building. If you stay here, avoid this side of the hotel!

Stayed May 2014
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Lacey B!

We appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words and feedback regarding the location in the very busy Woodlands area. I am glad that the pack-n-play was delivered as requested and the breakfast was enjoyable. We do make every effort to accommodate room requests, but there are times when the hotel is full that we are not able to offer additional room options. Please let our front desk know of any concerns before you check out next time, so that we can ensure that you have a good night's sleep.

I hope you come back and stay with us soon!

Thank you for your business and your review!