“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel is very updated. Rooms are nice size and comfortable for families. We had 5 in our family and it afforded plenty of space. Two seperate bathroom spaces. One with the shower/tub and dressing area. Abother with toilet and sink. Helped when getting ready fro leaving the hotel. Staff very friendly and accomodating. Pool/hot tub area just perfect size for a gorup. Small water play area for younger kids kept them entertained.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SpringHillSuite... H, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hi Fiscde!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and kind words! Sounds like your family had lots of fun with us! I hope you and your family come back and visit for the Winter Wonderland in The Woodlands and the Children's Festival in November!

Happy Travels! Hope to see you again soon!
Jeanne In Sales, SpringHill Suites The Woodlands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice clean room with a good layout. It had a separate work area with a desk and an L shaped couch. A frosted glass wall separates this area from the bedroom. There was a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker in little alcove with plates, plasticware, and glasses if you wanted to eat in the room. The bathroom is split into two separate rooms, which is a great idea. One side has a toilet, pedestal sink, and two mirrors, with a sliding door to close it off. The other room has a really large shower, and a sink with large area to get ready. My only complaint is that there was no bathtub.

The lobby has a small store with food and drinks, along with toiletries.

My husband and I used the workout room, they have treadmills with tv's attached and they supply the ear phones to plug in so you can hear the programs. There are also bikes and an elliptical, yoga mats, free weights and a bench. They also supply water and towels.

The staff was great, really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, and had lots of choices.

We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi There!

Thank you for staying with us and your great review of our hotel! Yours was the first review I have seen that describes our fitness room and equipment! I hope you will come back again and visit us frequently!

Happy Travels and Thank You for your business!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We went here for a Family wedding in the woodlands. It was very nice. The hotel staff was friendly the room was very clean and spacious for the size. The breakfast was delicious. The location was near alot. We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Matthew!

We always love having weddings' family and friends with us! Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind words! When are you coming back again? Plenty of weddings to visit each weekend!

Happy Travels and Thank You for your business!
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Enjoyed staying here. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice. Was a little surprised by the interesting layout. There's a clear wall that separates the living room and desk area from the beds. There is a sliding door to the toilet room. Then there's a a sliding door to the shower/bath room. Very modern and unique layout.....my husband thought it was strange...lol. You can hear everything going on in the hallways. I forgot my room number after going to the lobby....but I found it easily because I could hear my son laughing at the PBS show 'Daniel the Tiger' as I came close to our room. So beware....everything can be heard in your room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 137franc
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi 137franc,

We appreciate your comments about our hotel and hope you and your family get to visit us again soon! This is the best hotel for hearing laughter from our guests, whether eating breakfast with their families or enjoying the pools and public areas around the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us! I hope you come back again soon!

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was great, plenty of space. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice, workout area great! Enjoyed outside pool and free huge breakfast. We come here every year for swim team and love it!

Room Tip: nice place to stay
Green Features: Very modern and clean. Like to support hotels with environmentally-friendly practices. The Woodlands is a nice, clean place to visit. My son says the air smells good. Easy access to I45 and lots of shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Johnny H!

We enjoyed having you and the swim teams with us recently! Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and our "Fresh Woodlands Air"! I hope your family did well with the swim meet. Hope ya'll come back and see us for the next swim meet at Conroe ISD Natatorium.

Thank you for your continued business!

Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on ratings. It is the top ranked hotel in this Houston suburb. Arriving, it is the run of the mill 3 star hotel. The front desk staff got us check in. The rooms are odd. The bathrooms are odd. I really don't know how else to describe them. Not all rooms have tubs so if you have a little one make sure to request it. These rooms are called suites, but are just a standard hotel room with a half wall divider separating the bed from the sofa. Certainly not the type of suite I have stayed in. The bathrooms are tiny. We got in late and the first thing I did was shower. When I got out, I stepped into a flooded bathroom. We had to run down for extra towels to clean the mess. Got in bed to try to rest. This is where the hotel looses stars. The beds are the most uncomfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in. I was awakened every 15 minutes by the loudest air conditioner I have ever heard. I contemplated checking out in the middle of the night. I didn't sleep a wink. Every time it would kick on or off it would wake me. Miserable night to say the least.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Stacy C
JeanneinSales, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi Stacy C,

We appreciate you sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us opportunities to continually grow to meet your needs. Currently, we are making adjustments to our showers and air conditioners. Please accept our apologies for this issue.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at your convenience.

Donna
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a one night stay during our anniversary celebration. The high rating on this one as well as the decent price helped us decide. We weren't disappointed. It is a little bit of a challenge to find coming from the south side, but once we figured it out it was easy. The room was very nice and very quiet (they put us on the non-highway side). There were a lot of kids staying there (some sort of homeschool conference), and we never heard them when we were in our room.

Personally, we liked the separate toilet area, and we found the sliding doors to be very quiet. Someone previously complained about the translucent bathroom doors, but we found them to be virtually opaque. The extra shower heads shooting horizontally from the wall were a bit weird and a little too high. They basically sprayed into my wife's eyes. However, you can always leave them off if you don't like them. There is a nice sitting area and large desk/work area in case you want to work.

The breakfast was surprisingly good, with eggs, link sausage, waffles, a variety of breads (including croissants), oatmeal with a remarkable set of mix-ins, cereal, and a variety of flavors and brands of yogurts. Lots of seating also.

The fitness room is fairly nice, with free weights, three treadmills, and a couple of other machines.

All in all, it was a good stay, and I'd return if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi HoustonWill!

Congratulations! Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary! We appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us for such a special event! I hope you and your wife will come back again when you can stay longer or for your next special evening in The Woodlands! We do appreciate your kind words and wish you happiness together!