“Dinner in little Italy”

Via Emilia Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Emilia Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: The Woodlands Parkway
Description: Named after an ancient Roman road that spans from Rimini to Piacenza, Via Emilia is known for their house-made pastas, braised meats, seafood specialties, and delicious desserts. The family-owned restaurant served Houston diners for over 13 years before moving to their current location in the Woodlands. Enhance the experience with a bottle of wine from our extensive collection from around the world. Via Emilia's wine list includes over 200 selections spanning over 60 regions of the world, including 30 rotating wines by the glass. We look forward to creating a memorable experience that will exceed the expectations of you and your guests.
“Dinner in little Italy”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We are quite disturbed that this restaurant isn't in the top 10 of The Woodlands. Amazing food, beautiful decor & awesome service. I've lived in NYC for 4 years and I've been searching for a place like this in TX for a long time. Our waiter Chloe was so personable & knowledgable. She really made the experience more enjoyable. Their braised entrees are what they are most famous for. My boyfriend got the pork shank - which was exquisite. I got the eggplant lasagna which was light & flavorful. This is a legit Italian restaurant - owned & operated by a family. Their wine cellar is quite extensive, they even gave us a tour after dinner. Go here for a real Italian meal!

viaemilia10700, Owner at Via Emilia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Jessica and thank you for the raving review. We strive to provide top-notch service as well as a variety of authentic Italian dishes, and I am happy to hear you were impressed with what we had to offer. I will be sure to share your feedback with Chloe and our staff. I speak for all of us when I say that we are looking forward to your next visit!

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Fantastic Italian food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Some very good Italian food with a nice wine list. The atmosphere is great. I wasn't there on a night their piano player was there but heard it is wonderful.

• Visited July 2014
viaemilia10700, Owner at Via Emilia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Steve - thanks for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience. If you'd like to have more wine I recommend you come in on Wednesdays as all Italian bottles are half priced! We're looking forward to serving you again soon!
Texas
“Nice Restaurant in the suburbs”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Woodlands isn't known for its restaurants as compared to the city of Houston but Via Emilia actually made us feel like we weren't in the burbs during the time we were there. As soon as you step inside you automatically feel as if you're in an upscale restaurant with a pianist, the beautiful decor and the upscale setting on the tables.

However, it is noisy -- not from screaming kids or loud families but from the poor sound insulation. It's hard to have a conversation because the noise level is so high. They put us in the 50s section (that's what they call it, not sure why) which is supposed to be more intimate but it's right next to the entrance so it's just as loud.

The restaurant was crowded at 8:00 p.m. on a Friday night and there plenty of people waiting at the bar for their tables. What we didn't like is that they made us close out our bill at the bar before being seated. It was very inconvenient and took a long time. Why they don't allow customers to bring their drinks to the table and add it to the tab is beyond me.

Our waiter, Brian, was very good -- a bit dramatic (I hope he's an actor) which was fun -- and attentive. I had the mushroom and crap meat for an appetizer which was four small half size mushrooms with crab meat and it was delicious -- out of this world actually. And it wasn't too big for one person. My spouse had the parma ham with mozzarella and beefsteak tomatoes and he loved it. That was a large portion for one person though so I'd recommend sharing it.

For our entrees I had the pesto linguine with chicken which was not the best dish and quite frankly was disappointing. The pesto had an "off" flavor. I guess I'm used to traditional pesto with basil but this had something else in it, perhaps mint? The pasta was overwhelmed so I can't say if it was good or not. The chicken was overcooked and very dry. I wouldn't recommend this dish.

My spouse had the Osso Bucco which was braised and was tender with meat that fell off the bone which is a good sign. He enjoyed it but it was a very large portion so he took half of it home. The pasta that came with his was fresh and was topped with garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil. He loved it.

We would definitely return but I think we'd go for lunch when the prices were less expensive and we'd try different dishes since there seems to be a big variety.

**Tip: This is an adult, upscale, expensive restaurant; it is not a place for small children.

• Visited July 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Via Emilia. We love hearing feedback from our guests and constantly work to improve. I will personally share this feedback with our staff so we can work to address the issue. I'd like to invite you and your spouse to visit us again soon!
The Woodlands, Texas
“Lovely restaurant with great service & food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I met several friends for Happy Hour at the bar and then we had dinner. I had never been to the establishment and was quite impressed by its atmosphere considering it is located in a strip center. Dark wood, white linen tablecloths, wine bottles on display, live piano music. I ordered the lasagna and I have to say it was as though they had just made it - it was so fresh tasting. We were a large group of 13 and our waiter was excellent. Also, they did not automatically add a gratuity to our bill as most restaurants do when there is a large group. I definitely will go back.

• Visited June 2014
viaemilia10700, Owner at Via Emilia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Elizabeth. I am very happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your recent visit to Via Emilia. Come and visit us again soon!
“Trying for 5 Star but Lacking”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Upon entering one gets the feeling of a 5 restaurant but quickly realizes it doesn't quite meet those expectations. There is no dress code, it is also much more loud, and the atmosphere not intimate. Much like 5 star restaurants the silverware was replaced when the incorrect one was used, and the manager visited several tables to ensure sufficient service. Unfortunately we were not greeted by the manager until after receiving the check, paying and ordering an additional bottle of wine at the bar for desert. The food was very good, it was not the average Italian restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
viaemilia10700, Owner at Via Emilia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to your expectations. I want you to know we take your feedback very serious and I will be sure to bring this to the attention of the staff so we can improve. We hope you give us another try so we can win you over!