“Not open and do not answer phone”
Review of the G's healthy gourmet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
the G's healthy gourmet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times. The first two times everything was first class. Then they changed owners and things went downhill. The last three times we have shown up the resturant has been closed even though the hours on the door and website say they were open. One of these times we showed up and the light was on and we walked in and one lone waitress was wiping tables. It looked like people had literally jumped up and left their food there- like maybe a rat ran out of the kitchen. The waitress kind of looked at us through glazed eyes and when I asked if they were open she just said "something came up". We left and minutes later she came out and went to her car- not sure what happened to all the food on the tables....
This last time the website said they were open so we went- there was nobody there and no one answered the phone. Not sure what is going on at this place but we will not be wasting our time trying to go there anymore,

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Absolutely love the healthy food here. They are a little slow on waitstaff, but they are polite about it. The food has always been delicious.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband is Celiac, so we don't go out to eat much (where we BOTH can eat, I mean). This place seemed right up our ally because we also eat organic food. We expected it to be expensive, but the food is average. There is nothing super special on the menu. I can make an organic, grass-fed hamburger myself at home, so why would I pay a high price for a plain old burger? It is nice to come here and eat with my husband ( he takes me out but doesn't eat himself most restaurants). Don't get me wrong, it's a good place to eat, but it is nothing like some other GF restaurants. Food is bland and they are very skimpy with condiments.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

The burgers are good, however they took the rosemary off of their fries :( It is a bit hard to communicate what you want with servers who are very nice but not fluent in English. Like the gluten free concept and the carrot cake is awesome! Tried chicken tacos not so good and they were out of beans so they brought us some kind of meat soup...not a fan. Wish they had told us when we ordered.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stumbled upon this gem the other day for lunch while visiting Houston. I'm from Austin, and have recently gone gluten free. I had the chicken salad sandwich with fries and it was delicious. So great that two days later I took my husband and sister in law for lunch. My husband isn't GF, but my sister in law is. She had the chicken tacos which she loved, my husband had the penne pasta with chicken and he couldn't even tell it was GF it was so good. I had the goat cheese portobello chicken salad and it was to die for. Everything was fresh and beautiful and delicious! The prices are very reasonable considering you are getting very healthy gluten free food. We were too stuffed to try the desserts but they looked amazing. We are going back this weekend before I have to go back to Austin with the whole family. The real test will be my father in law, so I will have to update you after the visit! I recommend checking it out. They are only open lunches except Fridays and Saturday's for dinners too.