“G & D Savage” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas
“G & D Savage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

We are staying here for at least 2 months while our house is being built in Spring. The management and staff are so accommodating to our every need! Since we brought a lot of clothes, computers, printers, etc., we asked if they would remove one of the queen beds for more room...without hestitation, they said "sure"...and it was done before we checked in. They actually reserved our room by an exit door which was ready when we moved in. Good people, good food and friendly atmosphere...WE RECOMMEND IT!

Room Tip: Rooms by parking lot provides easy access
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
austin, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

I had made reservations at this hotel for the renaissance festival, and to make a long story short, I live in austin and the hotel is in houston, with the renfest right in between. to pick up my bus passes would have required an extra round trip of 1 1/2 hours. i called the hotel to see if they could maybe mail the passes, and the front desk employee told me that she would have Alex Cerda, the general manager, call me the next day. I really didn't expect to hear from anyone at all, because let's face it, when it's a large national chain, it's seldom that anyone cares enough to go out of their way. However, not only he did call, but he was extremely gracious and helpful. My request must have been a hassle, and I'm sure it took more time than he really wanted to spend on me, but he was nothing but friendly. When we got to the hotel last night, Alex wasn't on duty, but the staff was all extremely helpful and organized, even in the face of a very busy evening. the weather wasn't good enough for swimming, but the pool area was very nice, as was the dining area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area or going to the renaissance festival. and the renfest package is totally worth it!

Room Tip: the renaissance festival package gives you a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub :)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank terridvm
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Nice place to stay for a longer time. All comfort and great service !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for a total of about 3 and a half months due to official trips and it always feels like I am at 'home' when I am staying at Homewood. The hospitality the staff and specially the GM of this hotel, Alex Cerda, provides is certainly OUTSTANDING! From the time I reach the hotel, till the time I leave, I have always been taken care with utmost care. The friendly staff, the services, spacious rooms, it just makes your stay very comfortable. Even with my long stays, cross country, I do not feel alien at all, which makes me opt for Homewood, over any other hotels. I just love my stays there!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I booked this hotel for our annual trip to the Texas Ren Fest, for my boyfriend Karl, my friend Barbie and her sister Rosalyn and I. We had a great time all thanks to General Manager Alex Cerda. When we arrived Saturday morning Alex greeted us at the front desk and checked us in, even though our reservations weren't until that night. He told us to feel free to grab breakfast before we headed out on the Ren Fest Shuttle. He was very accomodating and he had a great attitude. He greeted us on Sunday Morning as well while we were eating breakfast. We had a great time and we plan to use this hotel next year also! Alex has made us customers for life!

Theresa Quintanilla

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Last weekend, we used this hotel for our 2nd Annual Ladies Retreat. It was AWESOME!!!! We were thoroughly pleased with the facility and the services we received during our stay. The Sales Manager, Chasity Hale, went above and beyond to facilitate a smooth operation of our scheduled events. Our rooms were spacious, and most comfortable, leaving us thinking about how soon we could book again. The bed in my king suite easily accommodated three (3) generations of ladies enjoying the World Series. Even the pull-out sofa was comfortable. The breakfast was so awesome it could have easily been served for lunch or dinner. We highly recommend the Homewood Suites and look forward to using them again in the very near future!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valerie P
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have been using this hotel for over 6 years now. 4 times a year I hold a small conference. The meeting rooms are always perfect. I am at the hotel for a week when doing this conference. The rooms are very comfortable. Love the fact that dinner and drinks are served during the week. It is nice that I can relax and not worry about leaving the hotel. The renovations that were recently done makes this hotel a very classy place! I travel all over Texas and this is by far my favorite hotel to us.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business