“A number of problems, but an outstanding recovery.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 20 December 2012

As we approached the property I commented to my wife "this isn't a good sign" as I nodded towards the hotel sign and marquee . . . they were hiring housekeeping. We joked about it, parked, and checked in. We proceed to our jacuzzi king suite, open the door, and notice the bed has been stripped and linens are piled up in the middle. Obviously this room was not touched by housekeeping. We laugh, my wife stays in the room, and I go back to the front desk. They apologize and promptly change my rooms to one that it just a few doors down from the first. I assume it was the manager or supervisor on duty who offered me something from the snack/drink station (can't remember the actual name for this area). I take a couple of drinks and head to the new room. We're in the room for about 15 minutes when the door is suddenly opened. The latch worked as intended and I went to see what was going on. The couple outside the room was as surprised as I was and after a brief exchange they went back to the front desk. A minute or two later a pleasant phone call from the front, an apology, and a joke or two between the wife and me. The room keys quit working shortly after, but a humorous conversation with the same young male front desk employee and we were off to dinner. Breakfast was good the next morning, easy checkout, and we were on our way out of town. The jacuzzi was great after a day of laying wreaths at the Houston National Cemetery and I would suggest this type of room if you have the available funds. 10/10 for the front desk employee / manager, sorry I didn't get his name. Even though we brought a positive attitude to every situation, he definitely responded in a manner that deserves to be applauded. We would stay here again not only for its close proximity to The Woodlands Mall but also because of the staffs responsiveness.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel for 2nights. We had a nice stay. The had very good wine and my kids enjoyed their indoor pool. They also enjoyed their cookies. The staff was nice too.

I was a little concerned about the hotel's location. It's opposite the mall and easily accessible to the public.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2012

While visiting family for the weekend, we chose to book a hotel instead of everyone being cramped inside the house. I am glad we did. We had a nice stay at the Homewood Suites. This was the first time in a long time that I had visited a Homewood property. We had the 2 queen suite. The bedroom was separate from the "living area". Our daughter chose to stay on the pull-out couch "because she would have her own TV". As others have mentioned, it really was a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and kitchen area neat. We were on the first floor and this room had a nice strong WiFi connection. I was never "kicked off". I even used the WiFi in the breakfast area and found it up to my standards. Speaking of breakfast, there were choices of hot (omelets, sausage) and cold (cereal) options.

Negatives? Not too many. My wife did notice an "odor" in the hall. Or perhaps an absence of a "fresh and clean" smell more so than an "odor". Location: The only way to access the hotel is from the southbound 45 service road. This means put some thought in planning your return trip to the hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and if we return to visit family again, there is a good chance we would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We booked this hotel for our daughters wedding party and guests. The hotel staff were truly wonderful in accommodating all our guests with help with some of our elderly guests. The rooms were large and comfortable. There was plenty of room for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready the morning of the wedding together. The groomsmen were very happy as well. The rooms provided the space and all the amenities we needed for our extended stay. We especially were happy with the breakfast and dinner during the week. I would definitely recommend this hotel for either a relaxing time or a more special event such as we had. The hotel was especially helpful with giving recommendations for transportation for our guests to and from the hotel and the venue for the wedding. Thanks to Alex, Jose, and Brianna for taking such good care of us!

Room Tip: We had king suites and also the queen suites for our party. All rooms were great and roomy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This was really a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. The room was nice and there were two work areas and good wireless connections. The bathroom is not fancy, but it was fine. The bedroom was huge and the open plan kitchen, breakfast bar and living room were a nice size. Two TV’s with lots of channels. The breakfast has both hot food and the standard cold selections in a nice lobby.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We booked this through hotels.com and had a suite. The suites are located on the corners away from other rooms. It included 2 queen beds and in the bedroom, and a pull out couch in the living room. There was a full refrigerator, microwave, sink and stove. Dishes were also provided. There was a 37" Flat panel TV in the living room and similar, maybe bigger in the bedroom. A pizza place nearby delivers to the room.

Breakfast was choice of scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, waffles, pastries and sausage. My kids actually ate it, and it was a good breakfast. Staff was very friendly, parking is convenient. They said they had a shuttle to take me anywhere, but we didn't utilize it. Address is listed as the interstate, but it's actually off a frontage road, far enough you can't hear the highway all night.

Room Tip: Suites are in the corner, and away from the main hallway. No traffic, and large sized.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

A fabulous hotel with superb, professional customer service. Complimentary breakfast and dinner are first class. Rooms are extra large suites, and nicely furnished. Government rate rooms are available. The place to stay when in Houston!

• Stayed: October 2012