“Good as always”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Dallas, TX
“Good as always”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Homewood Suites is a good value for the extra room. While I did not happen to use the kitchen in this short visit, I like having 2 rooms and 2 TVs. The breakfast selection had great pastries and also included eggs, sausage, and hash browns.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ft. Worth
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I made the reservation with you all in error meaning to book a room with Marriott, but was given a wonderful rate so I stayed with this property Friday and Saturday. The front desk was ready for me and checked me in quickly. Great service! My room was comfortable and very clean. I'm glad I stayed with you 'by mistake' and will certainly be back! I travel quite a bit and am not a fan of bad or sloppy service. This hotel delivered great service, generous breakfast, was clean, quiet and free wi-fi was a big plus!

Thank you for the training of your staff. I couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Although my conference was at the Marriott Waterway convention center, I preferred this hotel due to the breakfast and internet accessibility. I enjoyed both. The room was OK with attached living area. I really did not need the kitchen.
I had to move to a different room during my stay for some booking issues and the fresh fruit basket sent to me with my name on it by my friend was not delivered to the room. When I went to the front desk the same night and inquired about it, the receptionist did not have a clue and could not trace anything related to the delivery. I went back to the front desk next morning to inquire, but once again got empty looks and no help. On the day I was checking out, the manager confirmed that the fruit basket indeed arrived on the specific day and was put in the previous room, hence never reached me. The same receptionist was there and he said: "O' I thought we moved everything from the old room to the new one." That statement was already few days late and did not help me much. My invoice was also given in a shabby looking paper with scratched out writing on the back until the manager intervened and asked the receptionist to reprint the invoice on the "Foilo" paper which is meant for the customers. I found the people at the reception not too professional. The manager was great.
The location of the hotel is good, although I had to go through I-45 every time I would go back and forth to the conference center at the Marriott Waterway, about 2 miles drive. There was no through road, at least I could not find, although both places are on the same side (West) of I-45.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Overall, the room was excellent and we had a great time. One thing that was a bit bothersome was the lack of trash cans and space. And right outside of our room was the deck that led to the pool. People were outside of our windows all night until someone had to be called. Other than that, Homewood Suites is and will always be our choice of hotels to stay. We love their accommodations.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to have them book your room away from the deck and pool area due to the noise leve...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Padua, Veneto, Italy
Reviewed 20 March 2013

On January 3, 2013, I have reserved one room at the Homewood Suites Hilton hotel in The Woodlands, Texas, using Booking.com and for the period 17-22 March, to attend a scientific conference. After my reservation other rooms were available. Several colleagues told me that in the area The Woodlands all the hotels were fully booked 4-5 weeks before the beginning of the conference (17 March 2013)
Saturday 16 March, the day before my departure for Houston, I have found an email from booking.com reporting the cancellation of my reservation because of overbooking. I have soon tried to call the Hilton chain, I have also the Hilton Honors card, and calling the hotel they have confirmed the reservation under my name. Then I have called Bookig.com and their day manager contacted the hotel manager confirming the reservation, the people answering to me at the Hilton chain number was wrong! The only solution that booking.com suggested to me very soon was a 4 stars hotel 35 km far from the conference center.
I find this behavior unacceptable, it is the first time that occur to me after 25 years of traveling around the world for work. Nobody from the Hilton chain tried to contact me or to send an email, even after my message posted in their web page, to explain the situation and to repair the big problem that I had to solve in few hours.
You can imagine what could happen if I didn't read the emails, and it could happen I was at home and it was saturday.
Two main questions, why the have realized the overbooking only the day before the event considering that the hotel was fully booked several weeks before? Why they have cancelled my reservation, considering that I did it well before the fully booking?
I will never go again to an Hilton hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gabriele C
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This hotel is very dated. It was very loud and the freeway noise made sleeping difficult- the windows need to be replaced. Neither of the phones in the room worked when we arrived. They were able to fix one of them. The staff is nice, but they don't make the room worth the money. It's too bad; we like the homewood brand.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Visited The Woodlands to see family found this Hotel to be comfortable and clean (however some road noise but to be expected considering its location). A reasonable buffet style breakfast was included in the cost. Free Wi-Fi access always a bonus. Would consider using again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family