“Great Greek Restaurant”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Sedona, Arizona
“Great Greek Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family of 5 including a 4 year old enjoyed our meal. I had the gyro sandwich with greek green beans - delicious. In fact I ordered a Peroni beer which they were out of and our waiter suggested a greek beer Mythos which I really enjoyed! My husband had Pastitiso and he said it was really really good. Our 4 year old grandson enjoyed pizza and the crayons and coloring mat. Our son and daughter in law enjoyed vegetable mousaka with okra which they also found delicious. We also were served pita with olive oil to start off with. Our service was attentive! All around a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Looking for something different and decided to try this Greek place. Had the Gyro with potato chips.

The meat seemed like it was cooked and not shaved off the rack so was quite dry. The sauce was on the bottom of the pita so nothing coating the meat. I give it a "oh-hum" at best.

Service was great, very prompt, restaurant clean - I don't think I will have time to visit again on this trip as I'd like to give them another chance.

• Visited August 2014
Lakeland, Florida
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

On vacation in the Houston area visiting relatives, and until tonight Trip Advisor has led us to fabulous dining choices. So I was excited when I saw a Greek place with such great reviews. I love Greek food! Sadly, The Olive Oil does NOT live up to the hype.
We started with an appetizer of hummus & pita. The hummus was very tasty but the portion was pathetically small. My husband got the gyro platter. The meat was exactly what you would expect and the tzatziki sauce was very tasty, but his side of "greek" okra was obviously the okra and stewed tomatoes you can buy canned at any grocery store. I ordered the lamb kebobs. The meat was very tender and cooked to the exact temperature I ordered (medium-rare), but the "imported olive oil" and "authentic seasonings" were completely masked (and virtually ruined) by the use of mesquite in the grilling process. I'm sorry, but mesquite is NOT a Greek flavour!!! My side of "greek" greenbeans were also of the canned variety, and my cup of lentil soup had no flavour at all.
The service was friendly (even if our waiter couldn't pronounce many of the items on the menu) and the atmosphere was nice, but if you are looking for authentic Greek food, this is not the place.
-Rhea

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Greek food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First time here. Came because of good reviews and definitely not let down. The service was prompt and helpful since we have not had Greek food before. We got the sampler platter and everything was good. The one platter was enough for both of us so we could also have desert. The price was very good for as much as we got. We will be coming back. Wife says it is her new favorite restaurant.

Longview, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My wife loves Greek food so a group of friends went here when we were in town recently. The front of the place had me worried, just a regular looking place, but when we entered, we stepped into an amazing Greek experience. Great authentic food and atmosphere, completed by the belly dancer!

Visited July 2014