I called late this past Saturday to reserve a room for the same night for my wife and me. Lana answered for the hotel and said she was new. That automatically put me into "Be Cool To The Rookie" mode. I cracked a joke about her being a rookie to calm her down and she laughed. She took the reservation, and wrote down that we wouldn't be there until late that night because we was in town for a party. I told Lana she "Done good" for being new and she thanked me for being patient with her. That was a first. No newbie had ever thanked me for being nice to them.
After the party, we approached the desk hoping all would go well for us. Michael, the desk clerk, welcomed us and asked how I was doing. I told him I was very tired and gave him my name. My reservation was printed out in front of him, he picked it up and asked if I wanted a room on the first, second, or third floor, Wanting the closest distance between two points, I chose the first floor. Michael handed me the room swipe card and said we were in room 103 and that it was in a very quiet part of the hotel--which it was--and I assured him I would be quiet as well. He laughed and told us about the free breakfast in the morning. I thanked him and went to the room.
The room was spacious and very clean! The bathroom was also roomy and clean. When I got into bed, it was so comfortable I went to sleep almost immediately.
I woke up earlier than I really wanted to because Michael made breakfast sound better than it probably could be. He said is was more than a continental breakfast but not quite a full breakfast. Well, there were waffles, cereal, muffins, juices, milk, Hot Pocket breakfast sandwiches, and great coffee! He was right. Not too fancy but there was just enough to get me off to a good start.
There's always something one can nitpick about at any given place but at this Fairfield Inn, everything was a total joy. As we was leaving I told the desk clerk how much I enjoyed it and complimented Michael for having taken care of me the night before. She told me he was new employee!
The Fairfield Inn at The Woodlands knows how to hire good folks. I sincerely hope they know how to keep them, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover superior value, convenience, and service at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands. We are located off I-45 across the street from CHI St. Luke's Health–The Woodlands Hospital and the upcoming Texas Children's Hospital - The Woodlands. Our hotel near Conroe, TX is within walking distance to many restaurants and only minutes from The Woodlands Town Center, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, and Lake Conroe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Houston The Woodlands
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- Fairfield Inn The Woodlands
- Fairfield The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Fairfield Inn