“First Excellent Review Ever!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Tyler
“First Excellent Review Ever!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I called late this past Saturday to reserve a room for the same night for my wife and me. Lana answered for the hotel and said she was new. That automatically put me into "Be Cool To The Rookie" mode. I cracked a joke about her being a rookie to calm her down and she laughed. She took the reservation, and wrote down that we wouldn't be there until late that night because we was in town for a party. I told Lana she "Done good" for being new and she thanked me for being patient with her. That was a first. No newbie had ever thanked me for being nice to them.

After the party, we approached the desk hoping all would go well for us. Michael, the desk clerk, welcomed us and asked how I was doing. I told him I was very tired and gave him my name. My reservation was printed out in front of him, he picked it up and asked if I wanted a room on the first, second, or third floor, Wanting the closest distance between two points, I chose the first floor. Michael handed me the room swipe card and said we were in room 103 and that it was in a very quiet part of the hotel--which it was--and I assured him I would be quiet as well. He laughed and told us about the free breakfast in the morning. I thanked him and went to the room.

The room was spacious and very clean! The bathroom was also roomy and clean. When I got into bed, it was so comfortable I went to sleep almost immediately.

I woke up earlier than I really wanted to because Michael made breakfast sound better than it probably could be. He said is was more than a continental breakfast but not quite a full breakfast. Well, there were waffles, cereal, muffins, juices, milk, Hot Pocket breakfast sandwiches, and great coffee! He was right. Not too fancy but there was just enough to get me off to a good start.

There's always something one can nitpick about at any given place but at this Fairfield Inn, everything was a total joy. As we was leaving I told the desk clerk how much I enjoyed it and complimented Michael for having taken care of me the night before. She told me he was new employee!

The Fairfield Inn at The Woodlands knows how to hire good folks. I sincerely hope they know how to keep them, too.

Room Tip: Great location right by I-45. Easy off, easy on.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PigFox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed here because every other option was booked. Should have known. I walked into my room and immediately start choking from the mildew smell coming from the AC unit. I'm not a complainer but my lungs were closing up. I had to change rooms The second room wasn't much better, but the stinky smell wasn't mold, just dirt. Come on Marriott Step it up. Hilton and Holiday Inn are burying Marriott with their newer cleaner images.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LShoo
Richard_Valles, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate incident that you experienced during your stay with us. We work hard to make sure all of our guests have a nice and pleasant stay but in this case we failed to do so. I understand your frustation and will take the necessary actions to resolve the issue you encountered during your stay with us immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in the area.
Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is old and appears dirty. The inside of the refrigerator was gross. The traffic from the highway is loud all night long. It was the only hotel available and now we know why!! The doors, walls, and trim all have missing paint. The decor is old and outdated. They offer very few king beds and even fewer suites!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank cutlergal
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed with a large group on business. Do not expect any luxury but the room was clean and of a good size. The highway is noisy and the view I had was the Walmart parking lot. They gave us a good deal due to the size of our group. I am sure Marriott knows it is time for one of their amazing makeovers at this property. The location was good with restaurants nearby and a gas station within walking distance for those airport rental returns. I did not get to use the indoor pool but it looked inviting. Maybe next time.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the highway as you can get on an floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Cypress, California
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is property is located in a prime spot for restaurants and shopping. The rooms are spotless and the staff is excellent. The comp breakfast is great for the value for this hotel. I'll be back, I love the service!!

• Stayed January 2013
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We traveled to The Woodlands for a softball tournament. We traveled 8 hour to get there and we got there before check in time. The clerk called up and made sure the room was clean and we were able to go to the room. I really appreciated that since we had been on the road for a long time. The rooms were very clean and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The Fairfield Inn in The Woodlands has large rooms, a lobby PC with fast Internet, and an indoor swimming pool. We have stayed here three times because the hotel is a good value for The Woodlands and the staff is friendly. The eating and small lobby areas areas used as a common areas by guests all day which adds life to an otherwise typical hotel. The indoor swimming pool is very popular for families. Downside is that the rooms could be a little cleaner. The hotel is directly in front of a large Wal-Mart, gas stations and several restaurants. The location is just a few minutes drive from Market Street and Riverwalk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple