“Disappointing”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Hickory Creek, Texas
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I rarely give a poor review. Bring in the service industry I know there are 2 sides to every story. I will give you both. I arrived early on Monday afternoon before 4pm check in. A very nice young man named Teejay helped me. He said they had a lot of business guest but was able to find me a room. Before he assigned the room he explained it was on the 1st floor and there was construction on the 2nd which I appreciated. The construction was between 8:30 and 5. No problem I was working offsite. He assigned my room and said that they had also relocated the breakfast area due to construction as well. Right across the hall from my room. He mentioned that would be really convenient for me. My "freshly remodeled room" had a fridge that never got cold, no microwave as indicated on the website and no lighting anywhere near the desk. All of these items I discovered at 9pm after I had unpacked and settled in for my 3 night stay. The room was so loud , it faced they highway and parking lot. Then boom a little after 5am I hear everyone prepping for breakfast. Which was even more disappointing. The toaster didn't work, no juices were available. I am returning to The Woodlands in a week, I will not be staying at this Fairfield inn. I will be staying at the one 5 miles away. There was no mention of the construction on the website when I checked the next morning it was there. I'm sure due to complaints

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Location of the hotel is pretty good, there is a Walmart next door and hospital on the opposite side of the road. Indoor pool and exercise room are well kept. Beds and lines smelled fresh and room was decent. Free breakfast is really nice. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Coffee at the reception desk is kept fresh almost all the time.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Oklahoma City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here a few days ago. Thought hotel was clean and employees friendly. Only complaint I had was the noise. There is a stairway going to the second floor in the lobby. Our room was right beside it and we could hear people going up the stairs during the night. Could also hear people in the room above walking during the night. We did not hear traffic from the street. Other than the noise I would say it was ok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is conveniently located off I45 South, in a shopping mall. The parking lot, the lobby, the hallways, and the room are clean. The front desk fellow is curt and yet respectful towards customers. The interior pool looks like it is well maintained. The room ac is good, there is no fridge or microwave, there is a coffee maker and the beds are comfortable to sleep in. But there is just something about being in the room that invokes oldness imagery. Anyone who has stayed in a few different hotels will immediately pick up the bland mostly barren white walls, the simplistic furniture layout and just the lack of 'home' feel. Yes, it needs to come into the 21st century with regards to room deco, but for all its lack of character, it was neat and acceptable to spend the night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ball, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were in Houston on a family trip and the hotel couldn't have been better. The location was great and it was easy to get in and out of. The proximity to the things we were doing was perfect. The room was good and all of the amenities seemed just right!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have stayed at this location before, so, that is why we stayed again. The location is perfect. When we checked in, Mike at front desk, was very good. When entering our room, on the second floor, it was ok. Not the Marriott standard.....smelled musty, room was very warm, carpet needed cleaning or better yet, replaced, the skirt around the bed had multiple rips. The bath tub/shower was very slippery..someone could fall. Finally the room cooled off in the middle of the night. Breakfast area, very clean and good. The staff was wonderful. Saw Mike again that evening, again, wanted to know if he could do anything for us...this hotel needs to be brought up to Marriott standards and be updated. This hotel has alot of things going for them, so in order to keep up with "the Jones" please update....this location.....will keep a check out for this hotel, so hopefully next time things will be updated. Keep your great employees!!!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it suited our needs well. The staff where very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well stocked and while basic was all you need. The gym worked well and parking was easy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business