“The best mexican restaurant in The Woodlands” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mi Cocina

Mi Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 210 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
“The best mexican restaurant in The Woodlands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I lived in Mexico for 14 yrs and have been there on and off all my life. These restaurant has the most authentic mexican tacos that we have eaten here. Try the Tacos Mi Tierra or the Tacos al Carbon!! Absolutelly delicious! The quality of the food is very high so expect to pay higher prices than at a taqueria. Tacos al Carbon are $20 and Tacos Mi Tierra are $15 but most definatelly worth it! This place is better than La Lupita as far as food. La Lupita has a very nice location though. We will most definatelly be back to Mi Cocina!! Highly recommended!!!

Houston, Texas
“Nice Location, Good Tex Mex Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Mi Cocina in the Woodlands is a nice Tex Mex restaurant with good items to be found throughout the menu. From the start, the very tasty homemade salsa and chips get you warmed up and the service is pretty good, even when the restaurant is busy.

I have visited this restaurant a couple of times and have liked most of my experience each time with only a few exceptions. I like the food overall and have had a few different burritos, tacos, and other food dishes, all of which rate better than average. Each food item has a fresh flavor and I haven’t been disappointed with the food quality of any item, although nothing really blew me away.

The exceptions I mentioned before? Well, they would be with the drinks and parking. The house margarita is nothing exceptional and beer lovers will be disappointed to find only ten choices, and not a single local beer among them. Then, there is the parking. If you arrive Monday through Thursday, you shouldn’t have any problems, but arrive on the weekend and you may be forced to pay for the valet parking service because all of the spaces will be taken. Mi Cocina sits adjacent to the Woodlands Mall and should therefore have abundant parking. But due to the growing popularity of the Mall, it can get very difficult to find a place for your vehicle.

Still, taking everything into account, I like Mi Cocina and recommend a visit. The Woodlands Waterway Taxi is right next door for extra convenience and the food is certainly good enough to recommend. Give it a try if you like Tex Mex food- there should be something on the menu for everyone in your party to enjoy.

1 Thank Bryan_Carey
Houston, Texas
“Delicious brisket tacos! Bad bad queso!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Been to Mi Cocina several times throughout the state and the brisket tacos rank among the best of the best. Perfectly cooked, served with a pepper slice, delicious rice and a perfect salad. Our group had a wide selection of dishes that were excellent with the EXCEPTION of the queso....it reminded me of the old nachos at a cheap drive in stand with the fake cheddar color and tasteless flavors. YUCK.

Salsa was a little on the "garlic" side and could be toned down with cilantro. Very fresh chips and service on the average to good side.

Surprised that the place was only half full on a weekend at 7:00pm - not a good sign. Prices are a few bucks higher than the average Mexican spot, but this is not really "average" - it has a unique spin for sure. We will be back for the brisket tacos for sure.

Katy, Texas
“Best Salsa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I are avid fans of Mi Cocina. We frequented the one in Fort Worth and Grapevine. The Woodlands restaurant was just as wonderful. The salsa and chips are the best we have found. I had brisket tacos and they were Devine.

• Visited September 2013
“Expected More, But Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I'd heard many positive review about the Dallas location, so was really excited to try the woodlands location. The first night we tried, walked in at 8:30, chairs already on tables and place looked closed, it actually closes at 9:00 pm, which is insane to me. So, tried the next day. Service was pretty good, but food was average. I highly doubt that I'll become a regular.

• Visited August 2013