“trails thru the woods, nothing exciting except for the dogs”

George Mitchell Nature Preserve
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was on my bike and encountered 2 wonderful dog owners that evidently thought they owned they owned the place because their dogs were unleashed - guess I need to start carrying my mace...just in case! Also - why are dogs even allowed here - take them to the million dollar dog parks they built in the Woodlands! I don't mind dogs - its the inconsiderate owners that irritate me!

It would be nice if the trails were marked better - I had to look at my phone to see exactly where I was and still managed to find a trail that took me all the way back to Kuykendahl/Woodlands Parkway.

3  Thank expert007

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I live within walking distance to the preserve and go there almost daily, and I would just like to say that I have never experienced an aggressive dog, or an "inconsiderate" dog walker. It's the woods, dogs like the woods. People bike on the pedestrian trails quite often, I guess that is also inconsiderate. There are lots of small divergent trails to get lost on and areas where you can find yourself completely secluded if you choose to go off the main path. Anyway, it's a great place and I find all people and animals back there to be friendly, happy, and understanding and appreciative of nature.

9  Thank isingsongs9
Reviewed 25 December 2013

If you are looking for a fun hike this is a place to go. We went on a girl scout outing which was fun. They have a map at the entrance and you can decide on which route to take. You can also jog or just walk the path. It also a small pond which has a sign" Beware of Alligator" which we didn't see any.It is something to see if you like hiking and nature.

2  Thank thelma s
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Still enjoying the trails, both biking and running. Inconsiderate dog walkers are becoming an issue. For the safety of every person and animal, dogs must be on leashes. It is a shame that some people are potentially ruining this park for others. Hopefully signs will be posted soon reminding everyone about both this courtesy and law.

4  Thank VWGTO
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My children brought me here thinking I would enjoy this since I was visiting from Sedona AZ area. This trail was much like the beginning of the trail to Cathedrals, which I go to often. This was so spirit lifting as I always find in nature. Well kept & still color changes seen (after Thanksgiving).

1  Thank Sunya M