We usually stay at the Marriott Waterway but couldn't get a reservation this particular night. Hotel rooms were scarce because of a concert at the Pavillion. We decided to give the Marriott Residence Inn on Six Pines a try, based in part on the reviews on this site, and boy did we regret it. First, the pros: a good location close to the mall, restaurants and all the other fun stuff in The Woodlands. The room was clean, the grounds were neatly manicured and the desk staff was polite. Now for the cons: We asked only for a quiet room. We were put in Room 113, which seemed okay at first, early in the stay when we were only in the living room part of the one-bedroom suite. Later that evening, when we were trying to sleep, we realized the bedroom was near a huge battery of outdoor AC units, which gave off a loud constant roar (when I looked outside the next morning, I realized they were built in a courtyard surrounded by 3 stories of rooms--chances are those loud AC units disturbed a lot of people). It got worse, however. Near midnight, a loud and very strange racket started up in the wall behind the headboard of our bed. I have no idea what it was--I've never heard anything remotely like it in a hotel room--but it was comparable to a large diesel engine, an airplane motor or a chain saw--LOUD! This went on for some 15-20 minutes. To make matters worse, the supposedly queen-sized bed was too small, the mattress was hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and miserable. The tub drain was clogged, resulting in several inches of dirty water pooling during a short shower. It didn't surprise us at all the next morning, as we wearily resumed our road trip, to overhear several people complaining to the desk staff about various matters. All in all, not a pleasant or restful stay and we won't ever stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands / Market Street, our award-winning extended-stay hotel in The Woodlands. Find us conveniently located within walking distance of the prestigious Market Street and Woodlands Mall as well as treasured local attractions including the Woodlands Waterway Taxi, Woodlands Nature Trails and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Each and every stay delivers unequaled value: complimentary hot breakfast buffet, evening manager’s reception, free Wi-Fi and convenient grocery service. Surpassing other extended-stay hotels in The Woodlands, TX, Residence Inn offers more amenities for your long-term comfort. Enjoy our refreshing indoor pool and whirlpool, equipped 24-hour cardio room, full kitchens, and suites featuring signature Marriott bedding for a serene sleep. Residence Inn The Woodlands Hotel / Market Street has perfected the extended-stay experience by combining all the comforts of home with a passion for making every guest feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands Ii Hotel The Woodlands
- Residence Inn The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Residence Inn