“Absolutely wonderful!”

Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We are a military family, so we are used to traveling and hotels around the holidays especially. I must say this place was a pleasant surprise! I was born and raised in TX around the Houston area and after 15 years of being gone we finally get stationed here! We stayed at the Residence Inn on 6 Pines Dr during Christmas for 10 days and I loved every bit of it! Aside from an awesome location....the staff was AMAZING! You cannot ask for better service anywhere. It was quiet, rooms are well sound proof and between the breakfast they feed you and dinner for free every couple of days you cannot go wrong! I will be staying here again when my kids are on spring break and we start our house hunting adventure! Just for information's sake we had 5 people and a dog in our suite, we cooked, my mother came and stayed one night, and we were comfortable. We stayed in room 129 and did not have the issues others did in 113. There were 3 other families with 3-4 children each in the surrounding rooms, one with a small dog that barked when you walked by but while we were in our rooms we could not hear a thing from anyone! My dog could hear and sometimes she would bark but being she's pretty quiet she got over it and would lay down. The room next us had 4 boys and we have 3 boys and even with football games playing in each room it was quiet!. I have nothing bad to say about this place, we WILL be staying here again in the spring.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great location, but better than that is the excellent and friendly staff. Hotel stays are great, but long term is another story. This facilty, was quite different. Just ask for Marvin or this other very young man, (sorry can't remember his name), but he looks about 15 years old; they both ROCK. My wife and I, plus our small dog lived here for two months. Anything you might need, just ask. They were very quick to notify us when we had any mail delivered to us while we waited on closing on our new home.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, ask for a room on first floor near one of the side exits.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Kudos especially to Jackie! She is welcoming, kind and definitely a bright spot at the front desk. The hotel is clean, professional and very courteous. I had an excellent stay and will always recommend this property. They accommodate your every need. Thanks again

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for the Iron Maiden concert August 17 and 18, 2012. The hotel is within walking distance to the mall and market street which is adjacent to the Pavillion venue. They provide guests with hot breakfast that had everything from waffles to cereal to scramble eggs and bacon. The rooms were nice and clean, flat screen tvs and fully equipped kitchen. Self parking was convenient. There are plenty of within walking distance restaurants and it is very secure to walk around even in the evening. I will come back here when I return to the woodlands. Oh!! and they are pet friendly which is a PLUS++++

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frenchie27
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband, daugther, niece and myself took a weekend trip to the woodlands on July 20-22, just so they could get a little enjoyment before schools starts back, We stayed at the Residence Inn. The room was a lil small for 4 people but we managed to survive it. the room was nice, the bed was a little hard. The front desk was nice, breakfast was average, not the best I've ever had, but it was free so that was cool. we got free wifi.we were close to market street, it's maybe about a 5-8 min walk... Your surrounded by a lot of stores and eating place that you could walk to if your in good shape..lo...l I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel and the area.. we had a nice time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VICTORYTEMPLE
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We usually stay at the Marriott Waterway but couldn't get a reservation this particular night. Hotel rooms were scarce because of a concert at the Pavillion. We decided to give the Marriott Residence Inn on Six Pines a try, based in part on the reviews on this site, and boy did we regret it. First, the pros: a good location close to the mall, restaurants and all the other fun stuff in The Woodlands. The room was clean, the grounds were neatly manicured and the desk staff was polite. Now for the cons: We asked only for a quiet room. We were put in Room 113, which seemed okay at first, early in the stay when we were only in the living room part of the one-bedroom suite. Later that evening, when we were trying to sleep, we realized the bedroom was near a huge battery of outdoor AC units, which gave off a loud constant roar (when I looked outside the next morning, I realized they were built in a courtyard surrounded by 3 stories of rooms--chances are those loud AC units disturbed a lot of people). It got worse, however. Near midnight, a loud and very strange racket started up in the wall behind the headboard of our bed. I have no idea what it was--I've never heard anything remotely like it in a hotel room--but it was comparable to a large diesel engine, an airplane motor or a chain saw--LOUD! This went on for some 15-20 minutes. To make matters worse, the supposedly queen-sized bed was too small, the mattress was hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and miserable. The tub drain was clogged, resulting in several inches of dirty water pooling during a short shower. It didn't surprise us at all the next morning, as we wearily resumed our road trip, to overhear several people complaining to the desk staff about various matters. All in all, not a pleasant or restful stay and we won't ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 113 at all costs. Even better, just stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TexasLawCat
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed here while in town during a concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion in June. It IS within walking distance, however I did not walk it so I have no opinion there.
The place is clean, the beds are comfy, the rooms are roomy and the staff is friendly. PLUS, it is far more affordable than the ridiculous (IMHO) prices of other hotels in the area. I would hands down stay here again, and I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends