“A great place for family fun!”

Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had a lovely time this past weekend. Me and my family (including 10 kids) spent the 4th of July weekend living it up at this nice property. We were on Stay-cation and had a relaxing getaway. We went to the pool, spent time on the tennis court, played a little basketball and did some shopping. Everything was right there, Taco Bell and Ross were within walking distance. The front desk staff was amazing and the night's stay included a well appointed breakfast buffet. Family food and fun, this place was a great bargain for the money and offered a lot of value. Things were clean and in great shape. I plan to return.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room on the first floor so as not to disturb the other guests. Also pro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was rudely awakened in my room 5/21/2013 1:50AM by the smoke detectors going off. Night clerk came down and tried to knock it off the ceiling to "replace the battery." Had to move rooms with no help with my bags. Asked to speak with manager. Didn't receive call from manager. Had to ask twice and finally spoke with manager who promised me Marriott points to cover my 3-night stay to post to my account in 2-3 days. Today is 7/8/2013 and that promise has not been fulfilled. Escalated all the way to the CEO desk at Marriott and the answer was NO. I am abandoning Marriott and taking my loyalty elsewhere after over 15 years due to lack of service unless resolved. Contested charge and filed BBB complaint.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Stargatecub
Reviewed 5 July 2013

One of the good hotels at a prime location, just close to malls and other aminities. You can have your food prepared in the room within the hotel. All the cutlleries, utensils are provided within the room. Rooms are pretty big. TV size is OK. No. of channels are limited, but OK.Gym and swimming pool are added aminities within the hotel. Ample amount of open parking for personal vehicles. All rooms are smoke free.

Room Tip: All the rooms are strategically located and hence equal. Can chose any one
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I'm here June 22, and even after the room air-conditioning being on all night, it did not cool down enough to need a blanket. the thermostat stated do not turn below 70 degrees, otherwise it will not work.

the hallways, restaurant and reception were hot.

the gym was extremely hot - i asked them to turn it up, "Unfortunately sir, that's preset, and we cannot change it."

absolutely ridiculous - i'm not even someone who runs overly hot and needs my room at 68degrees - usually 72degrees is plenty, but the room just about got to it after 3 hours, and the halls and gym stayed over 75 degrees - sauna in the summer, anyone?

Room Tip: courtyard facing instead of parking lot
1  Thank PankajAgarwal
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight. We live in the area and just wanted a night alone from the kids. You cant beat the location. The inn is located in the heart of the Woodlands. The room we had was very nice for a typical residence inn. It looked freshly done. It was nicely decorated and the cherry on top was the in room fireplace. We didn't go to the pool, but the pool area was nice. The only flaw I was able to see was the bathroom wasn't as clean as I would have liked and the bed was very firm. There was hair on the floor and some mold on the ceiling. Aside from that, no complaints.
I would 100% recommend this location to friends and family and stay here myself another time.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This Residence Inn is in a good location if you are visiting the Woodlands. The staff was nice, breakfast was good. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The negatives were: the room had not been updated in a while and the a/c was not functioning that well, so the room was musty and rather humid. In Houston, you really need an a/c that works!

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room, if available.
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I booked a room and had a confirmation number. I received an email in the afternoon that I was to check in that they did not have a room for me. This was like a scene from Seinfeld. I don't think Marriott, or this Residence Inn, understands what a reservation is. Once it is made, and confirmed, IT MUST BE HONORED!!!!

I've been a Marriott member for 20 + years. I have paid thousands of dollars. I am the customer, they are the vendor. I don't care how often they get it right. That's what we pay for!!!

Don't trust this Residence Inn.

3  Thank FH H