“Spa: Terrible Experience!!!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“Spa: Terrible Experience!!!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I want to share my terrible experience at the spa in The Woodlands waterway Marriott Hotel. My husband gave me a Facial in the Spa at the woodlands waterway for valentine's day. I filled out my medical history where I specified I was under Retin A. Amanada was the person who did my facial, 5 minutes after she started my facial my face was burning and I let her know, she ran to look for my medical history form and stated " Crap you are under Retin A and I didn't read it"
to make long story shortly, my face was burned, I have to go to the dermatologist to get treatment for a terrible burn, it was very painful and I look like a monster for 2 weeks. I contacted the spa manager that somehow was helpful, she returned my facial spa services, gave me a rfund fpr the money I had to spend at the doctor, I think that is the least they could do, she offered me a free facial, but seriously?? after this experience who wants to get a facial done there. I wanted them to offer another free service but manager refused to do it.
I just want to share my experience so it does not happen again to anyone, and share my dermathologist recommendation, if you need or want a facial go to your dermathologist.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank loveamore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

after having a few days at the Hilton Americas in downtown Houston (***), I was pleasantly surprised at coming up to the Mariott for 7 nights for a series of meetings. Seven nights is a long stay, so I got them to give me a good room (king size with water view) which was spacious, quiet and pleasant. The hotel is modern, clean and fresh facilities. The pool was good, the surroundings pleasant for walking with lots of nearby dining and shopping options (walking distance). There were a few minor service slip ups and there ever present problem of doonas (duvets) which were way to hot. I had trouble getting the room temp right for sleeping, balancing the air con and doona. I had 7 nights to experiment and still couldnt get it right!
Wifi (at a cost) supports 3 devices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David S
Guaymas,Sonora
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I went to The Woodlands for a wedding so we stayed at this nice hotel facility for weddings and conventions. The rooms are nice and spacious and with a nice view to the channel. The service very good. We were very pleased to stay at this hotel because the wedding was also celebrated here, so it made it very confortable for the guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the channel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Marriott did everything a full service hotel is supposed to do very well. From the moment the valet took our car and the bellman took our bags until we left, we encountered friendly service and first rate accommodations. The room was comfortable (especially the bed and super soft linens) and we had a nice view of the Waterway. The front desk was helpful the next day with getting our marriage license mailed out. I had high expectations of this hotel and they met them. In addition to what's inside the hotel, there's several places to eat and drink within walking distance along the Waterway, plus the water taxi can take you up to the mall. We live nearby, but we plan to return for a weekend getaway. I had been a little nervous with some of the negative reviews on here, but we've always wanted to stay here and it was close to the church so I went for it. I'm glad I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and waterway view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
usa
Reviewed 22 February 2012

there are way to many people crammed into this woodlands area, our room was nothing great, there was somones hair in the bath tub and on the pillows, the exhaust fan in bathroon did not work, and they want to charge $20 per night for internet service in ur room, and u can either pay $10 to park in the close garage or u can park for free in the garage 1/2 mile away.......only thing good about this place was that there is a chick fil a down the road,,,,,,we will never stay here again!!

Bahrain
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I've stayed at the Marriott in the Woodlands on and off over the last 10 years and it still rates as the best for location and amenities.
Often mega busy over weekends with multiple weddings and functions means that the regular guests can feel swamped by non residents but during week days, it is somewhat quieter and less over crowded ,
Staff are great and do their best to please.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with a balcony above floor 6 are quieter -especially when the weekend wedding parties a...
1 Thank PWB
Highland Park, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The Woodlands Waterway Marriot Hotel and Convention Center has a perfect location, directly on the Waterway, as the name suggests. The hotel is always fresh and updated, and the Management and Staff work to make every guest enjoy their stay. The lounge has a great breakfast and the large spa is a benefit for a traditional business hotel. The shoe sign service is one of the best that I have enjoyed in the USA. I highly recomend this property.

Room Tip: Concierge level, balcony rooms are very nice.
1 Thank GREEKMBA