“Good Place to Stay in The Woodlands”

The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We spent one night at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel to attend an event in the convention center. The room we were assigned was clean, well appointed, and where everything worked to our satisfaction. The air conditioning, which worked well, was very quiet. The service was friendly, very helpful, and readily available. And the food at the event we attended was excellent. This hotel is well situated within The Woodlands Center. We used the valet parking, which was $15.00 a day; we preferred this over the self park. We would be inclined to return to this very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CJTravelerTexas

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Had a weekend getaway with the family for a concert and shopping. This hotel is beautifully and modernly appointed. Complimentary cookies in the lobby which the kids loved. Room was very clean and comfortable. The water view from the room was amazing. The location to the Woodlands Pavilion unbeatable.The trolly stops in front of the hotel but everything is within walking distance. Walked to the mall, the movie theater, restaurants, the organic market & cafe, EVERYTHING just steps away. Getting up early to take a walk around the waterway just outside the hotel was peaceful. This is a great place to take a weekend to recharge.

Room Tip: I would recommend a water view room and if available, with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank redbemer
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just got back from a small convention at this lovely hotel and i was quite impressed. The area is gorgeous with lots of dining/entertainment opportunities, parking was little pricey with self parking attached to the hotel for $9 a day and valet$15. the concierge lounge was well equipped and the breakfast actually had lots of protein( hard boiled eggs and frittata the day i was there)
courteous staff got me in a room as soon as i got there even though i had arrived way early. never made it to the gym, however starbucks coffee and an italian restaurant looked inviting. the convention center was perfect- i highly recommend hosting as show there. The room was very nice and completely updated. wE ALSO RENTED A SUITE FOR A PRESENTATION AND THE STAFF WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL and didnt nitpick us to death with charges etc... Bonus- beautiful canal out the back of the hotel for walking running etc... and plenty of seating ...

Room Tip: face the riverway....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank indikanegril
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I want to share my terrible experience at the spa in The Woodlands waterway Marriott Hotel. My husband gave me a Facial in the Spa at the woodlands waterway for valentine's day. I filled out my medical history where I specified I was under Retin A. Amanada was the person who did my facial, 5 minutes after she started my facial my face was burning and I let her know, she ran to look for my medical history form and stated " Crap you are under Retin A and I didn't read it"
to make long story shortly, my face was burned, I have to go to the dermatologist to get treatment for a terrible burn, it was very painful and I look like a monster for 2 weeks. I contacted the spa manager that somehow was helpful, she returned my facial spa services, gave me a rfund fpr the money I had to spend at the doctor, I think that is the least they could do, she offered me a free facial, but seriously?? after this experience who wants to get a facial done there. I wanted them to offer another free service but manager refused to do it.
I just want to share my experience so it does not happen again to anyone, and share my dermathologist recommendation, if you need or want a facial go to your dermathologist.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank loveamore
Reviewed 15 March 2012

after having a few days at the Hilton Americas in downtown Houston (***), I was pleasantly surprised at coming up to the Mariott for 7 nights for a series of meetings. Seven nights is a long stay, so I got them to give me a good room (king size with water view) which was spacious, quiet and pleasant. The hotel is modern, clean and fresh facilities. The pool was good, the surroundings pleasant for walking with lots of nearby dining and shopping options (walking distance). There were a few minor service slip ups and there ever present problem of doonas (duvets) which were way to hot. I had trouble getting the room temp right for sleeping, balancing the air con and doona. I had 7 nights to experiment and still couldnt get it right!
Wifi (at a cost) supports 3 devices.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I went to The Woodlands for a wedding so we stayed at this nice hotel facility for weddings and conventions. The rooms are nice and spacious and with a nice view to the channel. The service very good. We were very pleased to stay at this hotel because the wedding was also celebrated here, so it made it very confortable for the guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the channel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Marriott did everything a full service hotel is supposed to do very well. From the moment the valet took our car and the bellman took our bags until we left, we encountered friendly service and first rate accommodations. The room was comfortable (especially the bed and super soft linens) and we had a nice view of the Waterway. The front desk was helpful the next day with getting our marriage license mailed out. I had high expectations of this hotel and they met them. In addition to what's inside the hotel, there's several places to eat and drink within walking distance along the Waterway, plus the water taxi can take you up to the mall. We live nearby, but we plan to return for a weekend getaway. I had been a little nervous with some of the negative reviews on here, but we've always wanted to stay here and it was close to the church so I went for it. I'm glad I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and waterway view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 18 in The Woodlands
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands

Been to The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!