The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Alexandria VA
“Suite was fabulous”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I was in huge suite - dining room, living room, great master bath with wonderful tub, and a second "guest bath." Wonderful room and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed here two times and both have been great. All the things you would expect out of a Marriott are here. Location can't be beat with the shopping and dining. The Waterway area is awesome. Baker Street and Goose's Acre bars are both within a 5 minute walk. Also they have self-parking next to the hotel which I think is great. Only knock would be their "Starbucks" located in the lobby. For a hotel this size they need at least three people taking orders. Last time I went I waited 20 mins in line b/c there was one person working. Not good. Other than that the hotel is great all around!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2010

It’s awful to be alone and on the road on your birthday. When I received an email greeting for an upcoming stay, I replied hinting that I wanted the best room available to fill the void of my lonely birthday. I chose the property to help fill my birthday blues and knew a great room would make it even more special.
The front desk greeter was so welcoming! Of course the room she chose for me was fabulous. However I was OVERWHELMED when I found a basket, signed card, basket of goodies, and Birthday balloons! And every team member wished me a Happy Birthday. How incredibly thoughtful and beyond anything I was asking or expecting!
At times a frequent traveler easily feels like a “number” and lonely. Staff members remembering your name, award points, or someone recognizing your loyalty is nice. But to have not just one individual but a team think about me, and put something together to make my day is a LOUD statement. In my 15 years of traveling I have never felt so welcomed, noticed, and special by anyone in the travel industry. The property is beautiful and all team members exuded pride in where they work and showed great care for my experience! Treat yourself!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2010

For the past 3 years, my family and I have stayed at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott for the 4th of July to view the Woodlands Annual 4th of July Fireworks Display.
We have not been disappointed yet. We have enjoyed every stay and look forward to coming back next year.
The hotel is located next to the Woodlands Waterway. The waterway is well maintained and nice to enjoy a walk during the evening.
Nearby is a movie theater, mall, shops, and very good restaurants. So there is something or someplace for everyone, especially for teenagers who can go the movies or the mall.
The rooms though not large are adequate. The beds are very comfortable and no problems falling asleep.
Small pool though but no complaints from my little one who loved the pool.
The staff was courteous and friendly.
The Spa on the Waterway is located in the hotel and we have enjoyed the services several times during our stays.
Overall we have enjoyed our stays at the hotel. For us, it is a great place to stay for a quick mini vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I recently stayed at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott for a convention. We had trouble at check in because my colleague had booked the room under her credit card but her husband's rewards points. They would not allow us to check in until her husband arrived (he wasn't going to be there) or he called the reservation line and gave them the okay to let us check in. The receptionist who explained this to us was not pleasant at all. Even though my colleague had her card with her and it was in her name, we waited over an hour for her husband to complete the call with the reservation department. They told him that he could check in but when we went to the desk, they said the info had not been changed in the computer. Luckily, we were dealing with another receptionist this time and she had some common sense and allowed us to check in. She also allowed us to split the cost of the room without any hassle. With the exception of the first check in receptionist, all employees we encountered during the entire stay were very polite and helpful.

We paid a discounted convention rate of $150 a night. That's the most I've ever paid for a room so I expected the room to be spectacular, much better than the Gaylord Grapevine where I stayed a few years ago. The room was nice, but other than the bed, the room wasn't anything special. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

The area outside the back of the hotel is beautiful. I jogged every morning along the pathway that runs behind the hotel. The parking fee was outrageous so we used the free lot. We had to walk farther to get there, but at least we didn't have to pay way too much every day. The free Internet was only available in the common areas, not the room.

I'm sure the price has a lot to do with the hotel's central location to all the stores and places to eat. You can walk across the street and down one block and you are at the mall. If you go to The Woodlands to shop and eat and are okay with paying over $200 a night, then this is where you want to stay. However, there are several hotels a mile or two away that are much less expensive. Several colleagues stayed at these other hotels and said they were fine.

One note about the convention which was held at the hotel: We had two luncheons during our convention. The wait staff was wonderful and the food on both days was the most delicious food I've ever had at a convention. It was chicken on Friday, but it wasn't your typical too-dry convention chicken. On Saturday, it was NY Strip. That's the first time I've ever had beef at a convention and it was wonderful. So if you have a convention there, definitely attend. If you are going to The Woodlands for another reason other than shopping, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Stayed at the Marriott for a seminar I was attending. The hotel itself was nicely furnished. Cleanliness was not a problem. But for goodness sakes, you're in Texas -- AND IT IS HOT!! My room stayed warm the entire stay. I was absolutely miserable trying to sleep. And other attendees had the same gripe. For as much as they charge per night, you'd think the AC would work!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I stayed at the Woodlands Waterway a couple of time in the Fall of 2009 for conferences. I can say that the customer service was outstanding; they made me feel at home.

The room I was provided had ample room and even a mini bar fridge.

Rooms were clean and trendy. The carpet was also clean and did not have the residual wear like some of the other hotels.

Beds were above average and were positioned such that the individual air conditioning was not blowing over the top of one's head as they sleep... An often common trend found in hotels trying to conserve space. Some of my other colleagues stayed at another hotel and that was their one complaint and they ended up catching a cold!

The Woodlands Waterway is close to many eateries, markets, pubs, and a large mall. All within walking distance. Further, they do have some restaurants and room service in the hotel but never had the opportunity to use as it was closed for the night when I returned.

The view from the hotel is fantastic as it backs onto the marina. However, try to get a high floor room as you can sometimes hear the night noise of the outdoor bar/lounge below, and it seems quieter within the hotel on the higher floors (i.e., you don't hear other patrons as much).

Parking was available for a fee at the main hotel lot; a further lot away was free but not as secure.

Wireless and broadband internet is available in the guestrooms for a fee, plus applicable taxes. Also, there is a business centre available to print electronic boarding tickets on the main floor.

The rooms do not have an in-room safe but you could store valuables with the front desk.... Also, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board were available in the rooms I stayed in.

They also have a fitness centre, outdoor pool, and guest laundry room. They also do have full laundry service too.

Couple of things I found different from the two stays at this resort was the parkade and the bedding smelling of heavy perfume the second stay. With regards to the parkade, my colleagues and I had entry/exit passes to use for the duration of the stay. The first stay I used it with no problems. The second stay, each time we exited we were asked by the attendant if we were leaving/ concluding our stay with the hotel before our pass was returned. My only suspect of this was that they were trying to curb parking for patrons as a concert was being held later on in the week...?

For the value, location, and cleanliness, I would recommend this hotel to other if they have an extended stay in The Woodlands.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
HotelManagement002, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for being our guest and for your comments on the hotel and service you received during your recent stay at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel. We take all comments very serious as we strive to make each stay as comfortable as possible. I did make note on your comments regarding parking and have passed this information on to the appropriate manager to review.