“The Woodlands”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
United States
“The Woodlands”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is one of the best because of its people. They are very friendly and very professional. The prices are very good! Locations are convenient for things on the North side of town. Good restaurants a short distance away. Rooms are very nice and roomy. Just an overall good place to stay. I recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Traveled to area for a baseball coaches clinic. Have stayed in area over past several years. Decent hotel. Clean, convenient and moderately priced for The Woodlands. Positives: good departure access going in any direction. Avoids the typical Texas access roads "loop" to get anywhere. Rooms were clean; bed decent and comfortable; decent pillows. Negatives: thin towels and bed linens; the complimentary breakfast leaves much to be desired (why not just drop the rate and keep a list of convenient and decent local breakfast spots?). Make sure your room does not face I-45...it can get pretty noisy.

Room Tip: rooms on east side are away from highway...much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 December 2013

this hotel is in the middle of several areas of interest. once found , due to the address issue of road construction, is worthwhile. the staff is very helpfull, the room was great, and the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor, facing the lobby, and all was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Seattle WA
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

The hotels common spaces are nice and you are close to shopping etc. The hotel is about a 10 minute plus drive away from the Woodlands Mall area(has the restaurants on the waterways) depending upon traffic. The hotel sits right next to the highway so traffic can be loud on the front facing rooms.
My room was nicely decorated and located on the 3rd floor. I requested a high floor twice at check in and was given the 3rd after the front desk person tried to put me on the 2nd floor. No upgrade offered with my Diamond Elite Status from BW. You should be warned that the walls in this hotel are very thin. At 5am I could hear everything from rooms on top and beside me. Showers, bathroom fans from other nearby rooms going off to people walking around rooms. I did not get a good nights sleep and I had ear plugs in. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to the 4th floor. The hotel moved me to the 4th floor. When I got to this room I opened the door and the room smelled like someone had been smoking in it and had a maintenance issue with the in room refrigerator as it was not in the room. Dirty carpet had been left exposed where the refrigerator previously sat. I called down and was moved to another room. This room was quiet and in order. My other complaint is that the beds don't have any blankets on them. They come with a bed spread and sheets. Thought this was strange.
I had breakfast one morning and felt that it was more than adequate. Hot eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereals, hot oatmeal, juices, coffee, yogurts and bananas were offered. No issues here. I also used the workout room which was great with fairly new equipment. The property newer but I truthfully didn't get much rest while here and can't really recommend in regards to that aspect. The customer service manager was good when I did complain and tried to fix even though it took three rooms later.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TikiTravels
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Went to The Woodlands on Business and had a great stay at this hotel. I will recommend it to the rest of my co-workers and friends. If you want a comfortable bed and a clean room, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Try the breakfast. Its very good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Three of us ladies came to the Woodlands to attend the Renaissance Festival close by. We got the Presidential Suite so that we had "2 bedrooms" or the couch bed to be comfortable. We were all pleasantly surprised how BIG the suite was....living area and bedroom was very spacious. The price was actually amazingly NICE for the room we got....which is amazing in itself ha.......I would recommend the Suite to anyone that has several members staying together. Just make sure you get some extra blankets to pad the mattress for the couch bed...However, I actually did sleep ok after I fixed it up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone they have a very nice staff.and they are very friendly and are willing to help above and beyond for people like me that are going through hard times and I am very thankful for them letting me stay

Room Tip: they make you fell at home.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo