Go anywhere else. An event in town had all the other hotels nearby completely booked. I should have wondered why this hotel had empty rooms available. For $118 a night it was cheaper than others on se night yet overall worse than tent life in Iraq.
The checkin staff on Wednesday March 5th was great, helpful and friendly. They should be commended as near perfect. After a great business dinner all was fine until bed time.
- Road noise is louder than usual.
- Inconsistent beeping sound interrupted any chance of sleep.
- With beep at odd times nobody on staff resolved our complaint.
- At checkout the hotel GM Luis Castro himself said he was sorry its too bad we should have done something ourselves. (We did change hotels to nearby Fairfield) As a USMC veteran he exceeded my measure of sarcastic disrespect. Once again my comments were blown off without regard. When I mentioned I was hoping not to file a complaint he didn't care.
There is zero reason to ever stay here again. When management fails to care or even be curious as to "why" their customers were unhappy it is obvious the choice to stay here should be "no".
If you read my other reviews I have praise for most places, especially good people especially if they at least try to help their clients.
Please stay where ever you wish. In my charity role as fundraising convention planner I will suggest this location be blacklisted as unacceptable to others needing accommodations in the area. So sad a good chain with decent property is being run by the wrong person for the job. Maybe one day Mr. Castro will move on elsewhere.
"Change is inevitable, Progress is optional."
Attn: Tripadvisor. Some properties do not deserve a star at all. This location is an example deserving of none. I will recognize the checking staff with one star, a minus everything score is hereby awared to GM Mr. Luis Castro for bad attitude. Please update Tripadvisor to allow reviews with no stars in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in The Woodlands, Texas, the Best Western The Woodlands offers a wooded, serene location just minutes away from world renowned golfing, fine dining and first class hospital care. The Woodlands is home to many global companies including Anadarko Petroleum, Chevron Phillips and Hewitt Associates. The Best Western The Woodlands offers genuine Texas hospitality with a smile. Customer service is our forte. Cool off in our sparkling pool, exercise in our fitness center, work in our business center or enjoy a hearty breakfast. We have it all. We look forward to taking excellent care of you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus The Woodlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Best Western