“Would not do it again.”

Best Western Plus The Woodlands
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the Best Western in the Woodlands for our Grandson's wedding. The room was nice enough and everything worked correctly. However, the overall attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired. When we arrived there was nobody at the front desk. After repeatedly ringing the bell, I went in search of someone, found a laundry lady with a radio and she radioed for someone to come up front (twice). After a 10 minute wait, the General Manager finally appeared telling us that he was alone and had to check rooms, make sure everyone was working, etc. Did I care?? No. All I wanted to do was check in. Bad start... Breakfast next day was a little below average, rubbery eggs, no breakfast meat. McDonald's would have been better. Staff was not friendly, didn't bother to speak when you crossed lobby. I used my Rewards points for this room and truly feel I wasted them. The bed was comfortable but the pillows (little square pillows) were horrible. If this would have been my first Best Western experience, I would not have ever stayed at another Best Western.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindinet
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus The Woodlands

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nice clean hotel, right on I30, perfect location. Breakfast was good, room was comfortable, was only there from 6:30 pm one night and left the next morning after breakfast. Hotel clerk directed us to a nice restaurant in town, food was great, gave us exact directions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra K
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Love a quiet room that I feel safe and comfortable in. Fantastic breakfast that's FREE. Everything was fresh and hot. I like the fact I can go downstairs and have a wonderful breakfast and get on with my day and not have to worry about finding someplace to stop and have breakfast. Good Coffee too!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Go anywhere else. An event in town had all the other hotels nearby completely booked. I should have wondered why this hotel had empty rooms available. For $118 a night it was cheaper than others on se night yet overall worse than tent life in Iraq.

The checkin staff on Wednesday March 5th was great, helpful and friendly. They should be commended as near perfect. After a great business dinner all was fine until bed time.

- Road noise is louder than usual.
- Inconsistent beeping sound interrupted any chance of sleep.
- With beep at odd times nobody on staff resolved our complaint.
- At checkout the hotel GM Luis Castro himself said he was sorry its too bad we should have done something ourselves. (We did change hotels to nearby Fairfield) As a USMC veteran he exceeded my measure of sarcastic disrespect. Once again my comments were blown off without regard. When I mentioned I was hoping not to file a complaint he didn't care.

There is zero reason to ever stay here again. When management fails to care or even be curious as to "why" their customers were unhappy it is obvious the choice to stay here should be "no".

If you read my other reviews I have praise for most places, especially good people especially if they at least try to help their clients.

Please stay where ever you wish. In my charity role as fundraising convention planner I will suggest this location be blacklisted as unacceptable to others needing accommodations in the area. So sad a good chain with decent property is being run by the wrong person for the job. Maybe one day Mr. Castro will move on elsewhere.

Semper fidelis,
Dave

"Change is inevitable, Progress is optional."

Attn: Tripadvisor. Some properties do not deserve a star at all. This location is an example deserving of none. I will recognize the checking staff with one star, a minus everything score is hereby awared to GM Mr. Luis Castro for bad attitude. Please update Tripadvisor to allow reviews with no stars in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davecannon
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have stayed at The Woodlands Best Western PLUS many times and each time I was more than happy. The staff has always been kind and helpful and the property is clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this location and will always stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Enjoyed our stay on our family vacation. I don't remember the Comfort Suites in Houston but they were doing some remodling on the motel. We are retired and my husband like to travel and see parts of the country he had not seen before. We usually trave a a couple several time a year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

One night business stay. Great access off highway. No issues to report. Room/hotel was clean and comfortable at good price. Some wear but was safe. Was next door to gas station with convience store and McD's.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business