“Good local place”

Fukuda Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good Japanese food at moderate prices.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've been here for times and will return. It's a nice quiet place, god service. I got a Ghost Rider roll. Which was fresh salmon, avocado, soy paper, tempura shrimp, and delightful tiny fried sweet potato strings, along with a zippy mayo. The have about a dozen selections of sake, which I haven't tried, a full bar, and a so-so wine list. If you come between 4 and 7 on weekdays, you can choose from a smaller selection of rolls and sushi that are roughly half regular price.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We arrived for lunch at this restaurant, which may look ordinary but where the food turned out to be excellent.
We chose the very reasonably priced daily lunch and were presented with a good miso soup and absolutely excellent, very fresh, sushi on first class rice. Due to the quality of the sushi we added a couple of eel nigiri pieces, and even these were of very high level.
We have rarely had sushi of this quality in the US, and the price was unbeatable!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great Food, Affordable, Service Friendly and Knowledgable. Relaxing. We love this place and go there regularly. Happy to give it highest recommendation.

1  Thank Rosanne F
Reviewed 20 January 2014

After reading the reviews, and always being on the lookout for a good sushi restaurant to frequent, I was really hoping this place would make the grade, unfortunately it did not.

Let me start of by noting a couple positives: the food was in fact good, the fish was fresh and the water/tea refill service was good. Unfortunately these did not outweigh the negatives for us.

Negatives:
1. Service was slow, slow and slow! Let me preface that we had children with us, so we were not just sitting around drinking and eating slow. With that being said, we had been seated for just over an hour before our appetizers even came out and out toal time between arrival and leaving was 1 hr 45min.
2. My ordered chicken skewers and dumplings as his appetizer. ell, they did not come out with all of our appetizers, and in fact, they never came out at all. After the other appetizers where delivered, he asked the waitress about his items, and she said the kitchen was making them. Our dinners were delivered, some of us finished eating, and still no pot stickers or dumplings. At this point my buddy simply asked the waitress to cancel the items.
3. After the fact that my buddy did not even receive 2 of the 3 items he ordered, the waitress did not even offer a discount or to comp him for a portion of his families meal.
4. Though the food was good, the rolls were quite small to be honest. Most places I go to that are comparable in price, the rolls are usually bigger. I do not feel I got my moneys worth with the size of the rolls compared to the price.

This was obviously our first time at Fukuda, and unfortunately it will likely be our last. I am sure a bit of this experience, such as the slow service and my buddy not getting his food was an exception to the norm, but first impressions are everything and this did not deliver for us.

2  Thank Born2Travel76
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a relaxing meal with many choices and tasty sushi.
Attentive service and enjoyable atmosphere. Rolls were dense,
but good. Bento box was filling and had good variety. Spicy tuna roll was a bit dryer than we are used to back east.

1  Thank Kgbest87