“Come Hungry”
Review of Pit Master BBQ

Pit Master BBQ
Ranked #80 of 229 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The food is good but the portions are to big for an average eater so bring a few friends. Hubby stopped in one day asking for just a few ribs and ended up leaving as they are sold in large quantities only. You can't get a small portion of ribs so if you only want a plate with a few ribs, head to McKinsey's. Sliced meat was a bit dry but still a good flavor. Probably won't return unless we are feeding a big bunch.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were in the mood for our first try at Texas BBQ and decided to try Pit Master BBQ in the Woodlands area of Houston. We ordered the family pack and got the meat and 3 sides. It was good, but not great. We got the Brisket and it seemed a little dry to me. But now the BBQ Baked beans were excellent. We expected "Texas Toast" but it was non toasted, thick sliced "Texas Toast type" bread. Overall, it was good but not what I want to call great.
Since we are moving to Houston, Texas next month, October, we will have many opportunities to find the perfect Texas BBQ place. Do I look forward to that.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stopped in for lunch at Pit Master while on a recent trip to Houston. I usually eat at a different BBQ restaurant on each trip to Houston so this was my first time at Pit Master. I ordered what the menu called "Memphis pulled pork sandwich" which came out sliced. The meat had some good smoke on it but was a little dry. I felt like I really had to sauce it up to get good flavor. I should have ordered a side of cole slaw to add to it for that Memphis feel.
Still looking for that great pulled pork sandwich in Texas BBQ Beef country.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here to check it out since its on our way home. Had a bbq sandwich and it was pretty good. I expected a bit more out of the atmosphere, since it was a trailer I expected for it to have an old rugged look. Nonetheless its still a good place.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have eaten here a few times and picked up take out as well. They have a nice size and clean dining area but seem to do more takeout business. They have the standard fare and two types of sauce. Service is friendly and fast. They have a nice choice of sides but no fries. I get the pork and potato salad and am always pleased. I have been to the old RXR shack location east of I45 on Rayford.