“Food was mostly good... but the service was non-existent”
Review of Luby's Cafeteria

Luby's Cafeteria
Ranked #142 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ada, Oklahoma
“Food was mostly good... but the service was non-existent”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family stopped by this Luby's for dinner. We had a Luby's in our hometown when our children were younger, and perhaps we were a bit nostalgic. We thought this was a good place to get something quick without eating fast food. You just walk through the cafeteria line and pick your food and drink, and seat yourself. The food was mostly good. My wife had the Jamaican Tilapia, which she thoroughly enjoyed. My son had the baked almandine which was good. Unfortunately I had the chopped angus steak which was not done. It looked good on the outside, but the inside was still way too rare for me. I like a little pink in my steaks, but not like this. Some people may have liked it though. The problem we had was with the service. When we sat down a young man came by and gave us the waiter speech... name (Caleb), I will be taking care of you, if you need anything let me know... the usual. Then he never returned to our table. He evidently had a friend at a table a ways from us, and he stood there and talked to him the whole time we were eating. The restaurant was not crowded at all, and I think we were his only other customers. A refill on our drinks would have been nice, as it was a hot day and we drank our tea about halfway through the meal. I may have wanted to address the fact my steak was undercooked with him, if I had he gotten close enough. No matter how good the food is, if the service is this bad, it ruins the whole thing.

• Visited June 2013