“Very Cold”

Shogun Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #123 of 220 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Shogun's healthy choice: NO MSG, NO Preservatives, NO Food Additives, Zero Trans Fat. USDA organic coconut oil, olive oil, and sunflower oil are available as alternative cooking oils upon request. Gluten Free Menu is available.
New Port Richey, Florida
“Very Cold”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoy the food at the establishment but we are ready to leave because it gets very cold. I'm sure there is a reason to keep it collet because of the hibachi tables but we on the the sushi bar area

2 Thank marquezr57

The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A friend recommended this place to me. So last night I took my wife and three kids here to try it out. It turned out to be a great dining experience! We sat at the hibachi table and ordered beef, chicken and shrimp hibachi. They are all very delicious. It is fun to see the chef cook in front of you and play some tricks to entertain you. My kids really love it! At the hibachi table you’ve got to see the quality and freshness of all food resources. I am a sushi lover and ordered some sushi too, which is super good. In general the food here is fresh and tastes great. We saw some people celebrating their birthdays here. My wife wants to come back for her birthday. She loves the food and the beautiful pineapple boats the restaurant offers to birthday people for free. Anyway--, I will update my review after my wife’s birthday celebration......

• Visited February 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
“fun!”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

what's not to love about the show put on as your food is prepared in front of you? It was entertaining and the food was amazing! Our server was funny and attentive. You get more than enough food for the price. Its a great place to go if you don't mind a little noise and the interaction from the chef...server and even others who you may not know but they share the same table and hibachi grill. Love it!

Visited March 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very expensive”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I wanted to take my son's family out for a special dinner. I don't think I would go back here. Our chef appeared to be training in a purple hat. He dropped his utensil and the only "trick" he could do was flip an egg in his hat. I was very disappointed in the "show" for my grandson as there was nothing. The food was good but with tip the bill came to $125.00 for three adults and one child. That did include one glass of wine and one mixed drink. Very expensive and disappointing.

Montgomery, Texas
“Oldest Grandson's Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Our oldest grandson was home form Texas Tech for the Christmas holidays and wanted to go to eat with us before leaving town to go hunting with his other grandfather. Naturally he chose Shogun, his favorite place in our area. We discovered while there it is apparently under new management. Six of us sat at a Hibachi Table. Our daughter-in-law had Sushi and my wife had Soba Noodles with Chicken. Both said they were very good. The rest of us had Hibachi meals, steak, shrimp and chicken and combinations. I had the steak and shrimp combo. The onion and mushroom soup and salad were very good. The fried rice was again excellent as always. The shrimp were also excellent and my steak was the best I have ever had there in 12 to 15 trips. Our Hibachi Table chef was also the best we have had there. In addition, I was presented with an unexpected gift certificate for 5% of the cost of our meal. Great food, great presentation and an overall wonderful experience. We'll be back - again!

• Visited December 2012