“Pricey but excellent!”
Review of Morton's Grille

Morton's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Walked across the street to the restaurant with friends after a movie at Tinseltown. My wife and had the 6oz filet mignonette while the other couple had fish. Everyone enjoyed their dish and the service was excellent. Drinks seemed a bit more expensive than most places of similar quality in The Woodlands. Recommend asking for a table in the Board Room -- it was noisy in the larger area. We will go back again!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had a kids free dinner with firends, was long time since I ate Mortons stakes fewyears back. Well the atmosphere was nice and cool, we could talk without screaming, service was up to standard that you would expect. The food was timely delivered and the order was correctly executed, all the stakes were cooked perfectly asper our request. My NY strip was juicy as it should be. One comment I have to make is that the beer I ordered was brought to me in the can, I would expect the waiter to pour it and bring to me the beer in the glass, but this is the only remark (minor).
Definitely I would go back, a bit pricey but food quality and service are worth it.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've dined here several times and have always been impressed with the service, courteous staff and delicious food. My wife and I love it. I do recommend that you make reservations as this is a very popular place.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Some of the reviews you may read are trying to compare Morton's Grille with the Morton's Steakhouse. They are two different styles for the Restaurant. The grille, as the staff will tell you has a more laid back menu. Friendly, attentive and sincere staff. We had reservations at 8:00 pm had to wait no more than 7 min. I had several people ask me if I needed something, or kept me posted on how much longer. I am familiar with Morton's Steakhouse, yum! As mentioned the Grille has a slightly laid back menu compared to the traditional, which your staff will tell you if you aren't aware. You can still get NY Strip, tons of flavor or filet, no need for a steak knife. One of my guests ordered the Reuben, possibly one of the largest and best Reuben's I have tasted. The bread was incredible with the reuben, soft fresh marble rye. Drinks are great. Atmosphere is lively. Best wishes! I will be back. There is valet available. Highly recommend making reservations. It is a top spot in The Woodlands for dining. Fun people watching spot.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had a reservation for 6 at 8:30 on Saturday night. We were seated 30 minutes later than our reservation. Our table was in the "back room" with larger groups. It was very noisy, with birthday singing, and poor service. The wine list was not very extensive, but did have several choices that we would normally consider for a dinner out. However, the pricing was outrageous. For example, 2010 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cabernet Savignon was listed at $145. I have bought this wine at other restaurants for $99 (Rufino's in Baton Rouge) This is a wine that can be purchased for $54 in the grocery store...a $91 premium plus tax and gratuity on top is gouging. Almost the entire wine menu was way overpriced.

If you want a relatively inexpensive meal that is more like Chili's or TGIF's bar food, then Morton's Grill is your place. If you want a genuine steakhouse experience with fine wine, excellent beef, great sides, and white table cloth atmosphere where you can hear yourself talk, then go to Kirby's or Perry's in The Woodlands. This is not the steakhouse you used to associate with the Morton's name.

2  Thank 100Jack100