“Great new hotel in the Woodlands”

Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This new hotel is a very good alternative in the Woodlands. I got great value compared to many other hotels in this area. Delicate rooms with fantastic bed. The 24-hour kitched offers a quite good selections of hot an cold food. Not the best i have tasted, but good enough. Free WIFI worked well for me. The gym and pool facilities were also quite good.
Definately recommend it and would also book it again for my next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anders M
EliasContreras, General Manager at Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Great to hear that you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Bed - we certainly think they are fantastic too! Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to The Woodlands, Tx.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice and clean visual. Comfortable rooms, very spacious. The breakfast is delicious and included in the daily rate. Attendants very helpful and kind. It's located near all attractions of the Woodlands. I recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcio B

So good to know that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious room during your recent visit at the Hyatt Place Houston/The Woodlands. Thank you so much for staying with and choosing our hotel for your visit to The Woodlands area. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am a VERY satisfied customer who wanted to pass along what a fabulous time my entire family had at your Woodlands location. We are all from Arizona and we traveled to Houston to attend the wedding of my niece. I am sure between Thursday, May 8, and Sunday, May 11, my entire family filled your hotel with noise and liveliness (smile).

Every staff member we came in contact with was a delight to deal with and they did nothing but go out of their way to accommodate our needs and make us all so comfortable.

Your hotel is immaculate and the beds are so comfortable and the morning breakfast was fabulous. A special thanks to Ed, Nella, and J.C. for their friendliness and professionalism. They were all great. And a special thank you to your head of housekeeping staff….I don’t know her name, but she was so nice and very sweet.

Many thanks from our entire family (the Marshalls, the Brocious’s, the Taraborelli’s, the Zarembas, the Tennies,)

Regards,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina A

I am so glad to know that you and your family were VERY satisfied guest at our Hyatt Place Houston/The Woodlands hotel when visiting for your neice's wedding. Thank you for the kind words on our Gallery Host staff and I will make sure to let Ana, our head of housekeeping, know you nice comments too. Most importantly thanks to all families - The Marshalls, Brocious, Taraborellis, Zaraembas and the Tennies for choosing our hotel and being our guest.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is brand new that it's not even showing up on Google map when I stayed in May. The front desk people are very friendly and check in and checkout were a breeze. They don’t have room service, but the food from the 24-hour kitchen is pretty good and quickly ready for you. The free breakfast included some hot items as well as the standard. There is a small outdoor pool and a gym with a few exercising equipment. There are computers and a printer in the lobby for guests to use. I had a room with a king-size bed. The room is spacious with a semi-separate sitting area. There is a mini-frig and a flat screen TV in the room. Free wifi worked fine. The bed is comfortable enough. The linens and towels are probably the only things for you to tell the hotel is brand new. It might be the color, the furniture and the carpet in the room and the hallway just don’t look new to me.
The trash can under the desk was not emptied from the previous occupant. I also found a hair on the bed sheet. Housekeeping needs to train their staff better. These were not big deal enough for me to ask for a different room. The biggest complaint I have with the room is the shower. There is no tub which is okay with me, but the shower head is the weirdest I have seen. It sprayed everywhere else, just very little on your hair and body. The hotel is so new that the shower head must be new, I can only assume it’s the type that’s not so user-friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LivingForTravel

Thank you for being our guest. And we apologize for your housekeeping service inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. I will make sure to address these issues with our housekeeping leadership team for further follow up. I regret we were not able to make you a fully satisfied guest. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to The Woodlands area. And please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly elias.contreras@hyatt.com if you need assistance with making a reservation. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel, and it was lovely! Everyone there was so nice and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, the room was comfortable and quiet, and it was so relaxing. We went to dinner with friends one night, and after we returned to the hotel, it was so nice to sit in the bar with them and enjoy a nice glass of wine and good conversation in a lovely environment. When we return to this area, we will definitely stay at this hotel again, it is a wonderful addition to The Woodlands area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kkl1010
Reviewed 28 April 2014

As noted in other reviews, a new hotel in a very vibrant area. I have stayed there now twice on business. Every aspect of my stay was superb, but the staff was over the top. Polite, friendly, accommodating almost to a fault. Of particular note was Tiffany and Kimber. They could not have made me feel more at home, and feel almost like friends.

Hotel was spotless, rooms comfortable and well laid out with plenty of sockets for chargers. The breakfast was hot and delicious with many options. Probably the best "complimentary" breakfast I've ever experienced and I stay in hotels 200 plus nights out of the year.

Nice clean pool and exercise room.

Finally it was priced very reasonably. An excellent value in every respect. Kudos to the local management and Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl H
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When I booked the hotel i was very impressed with the decor. I spend several nights a week in a hotel. The morning and day staff were great. During the night the room across the hall way had ladies that were very loud. When I tired to call front desk at 1AM the room phone didn't work. I called from my cell phone and received a message that there wasn't anyone at the front desk. At 2AM I tried the front desk again with same message. I knocked on the room and said if they could please lower their party I had to be up early for a major presentation. They said apologies and I thanked them. At 3 AM I walked down to the front desk. The manager on duty said you should have called. I said didn't you listen to me. The room phone isn't working and when I called from my cell there is a message that no one was at the front desk. Next morning I realized the construction was so bad you could literally hear conversations in room that were above room. My last stay at a Hyatt Place

Room Tip: Check reviews before staying at a hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business