“Pleasantly surprised...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 204 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Woodlands Dr
“Pleasantly surprised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

My past experiences here were less-than-pleasant, because their menu had, at one time, been terribly one-dimensional. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had finally added a real steak to their menu: bone-in ribeye. My friends know how picky I am about steak, and when I sank my teeth into the first bite, I literally moaned, it was so good. What put it over the top was the amazing bacon/shallot butter on top - WOW! The flavors were stunning.

The others at the table (there were 5 of us girls) enjoyed their meals as well, and apparently the favorite drink of the evening was the Cucumber Smash - they raved about it. I stuck to my wine.

Our server was very professional and cordial throughout the evening. Overall, we had quite an enjoyable experience. My only complaint (and the reason for the 4 instead of 5 stars) is that it was very warm in the dining room. We asked if there was something wrong with the a/c, and our server stated that they were getting a lot of complaints, and they were addressing it. The room was still uncomfortably hot when we left, so I hope they've fixed it since.

• Visited July 2012

“Tropical paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Consistent delicious food and great service in a tropical setting. Always enjoyable. Favorites include fish tacos, coconut shrimp and don't forget the coconut cloud martinis!

Visited September 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
“For a clothes store ... You can cook!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I visited 3 times in the last couple of months, 1s time sat outside on the terrace there was live music food service was good. 2 other times was entertaining friends , it was all very good on every visits. Love the fish tacos and key lime pie. But all dishes ordered prove to be a hit with my frends.
They stock one of my favorite wines from Alsace ( France) Gewürztraminer and ave ordered it every single time.
I wear the clothes and eat the food... But i must say.... For a clothes store you can cook!

• Visited August 2012
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Lively atmosphere. choice of eating inside, outside and kind of semi outside. Can view the dancing fountains from the outside seating. Everything tasted good. our server was very sweet. food was served quickly, right temperature. definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Woodlands, Texas
“Excellent Food, Great Woodlands Location, Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stopped by Tommy Bahama's for lunch on a pretty sunny afternoon. I ordered the fish tacos off the appetizer menu and a cool glass of iced tea. The service was excellent. The fish tacos were cooked perfectly and seasoned very well. I was pleasantly surprised when my fish tacos came with delicious grilled plantain bananas in a luscious sauce. It was such a treat! I ordered this same dish at the Laguna Beach, CA location, and it did not include this side. The restaurant location is fantastic, right on The Woodlands' Central Park near the theatre. I would recommend this restaurant for just about any occasion. The TB clothing store is very nice as well.

• Visited February 2012