The Woodlands Resort
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$390
US$240
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$206
Hotels.com
US$303
US$286
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$263
US$250
Best Western Plus The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$152
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$165
Courtyard
TripAdvisor
1,508 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewater slidespool areaface paintingdive in moviemain buildingmain poolfrozen grapesconference centerget awaycool waterclose to homespring breakbusiness conferencegreat weekendbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I did not have the experience I was hoping for. I even invited a long time friend from out of state to join me and was very embarassed by the experience. First of all there were 3 of us staying in a room and was only provided 1 wash cloth and 2 robes. In the middle of the night the power went out causing the room to get hot and stuffy and we had to get dressed for breakfast in the dark. My spa service was nice, however my out of state guest massage therapist did nothing but complain about her personal life during the service. The room for us to change in was very hot and stuffy. Also the dining area during breakfast was very hot and stuffy. They even had to open the outside doors to the dining area, which to me just let in more hot and humid air.
I have to say that my stay with your resort was very disappointing and embarrassing for me. This was my year to plan our annual girls weekend and it was a flop!!!!

Saleema Hyatt

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Saleemalh
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Saleemalh,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced while on our property. Please know your comments have been heard and attention will be given in order to rectify the issues we have control over. Through the corrective action we have taken offline, we trust this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Girls weekend get together. The staff at the resort were accomodating and pleasing. Resort has areas for families with what looked to be a super pool/play area for kids. We stayed in an area that was away from the family area but still had a pool for adults. It is a well planned out resort. The only negative I have is that the rooms were a bit musty but attribute that to South Texas humidity. No signs of mold or anything, just a bit musty smelling. Rooms were large, clean and had nice patios. Our rooms faced a remote pool with hot tub. Rooms had two sink areas which was nice when sharing a bath. This is an older resort that has been well tended and has an excellent staff. Would stay there again. Resort has tennis, golf and other activities, plus a superb spa and multiple pools.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Scomstock,
We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time with us and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights with 2 adults and 2 teenage boys (14 & 18). I had read the reviews and came with the proper expectation that the star of this show is the pool, not the rooms, & this was right on target. We had a king room connecting to 2 doubles in one of the buildings near the pool. The rooms were clean & comfortable, but were by no means fancy. This was no issue for us though, as we had come to enjoy the pool. All 4 of us had a great time at the pool. I will say the activities are a bit more geared to the younger kids (clowns, face painting, balloon toss), however, there is still plenty to do for any age looking to have fun. My boys loved the pool basketball hoop & volleyball net, although they were often playing with kids much younger than them. There were plenty of balls in the pool for all the games, so no need to bring your own. If you want to keep up with the activities (available on Fri, Sat & Sun, not sure of the season), just ask at the pool bar & they will give you a schedule. Otherwise, you will miss some things your kids might want to do as there isn't good visibility of the whole area due to waterslides, etc blocking your view.

For the grown ups at the pool, there are nice comfy loungers, lots of good shade (sunny spots too if that is what you wanted), and an excellent pool bar where they never minded how long we lounged over a little or a lot to eat & drink.

We ate almost every meal at the resort, and while it was a bit pricey, we were staying here instead of our usual all inclusive trip to Mexico, so in comparison we felt like we were getting better quality food & drinks for about the same final tab. We did the "Oasis of Fun" package, meaning we got a breakfast buffet every morning which included yummy made-to-order eggs, waffles & pancakes plus plenty of other stations of breakfast foods. There were plenty of great restaurants just a short car ride away at the Market Street outdoor mall or the Woodlands indoor mall, but we just enjoyed the resort too much to leave often. I did notice plenty of people around the pool with what was clearly food from outside the resort & it did not seem to be an issue, so that would certainly be one way to keep the cost down if you planned a bit ahead.

In the evenings, we enjoyed hanging out at the bar in the main building. There are TVs, pool tables, foosball & a shuffleboard table & they let the kids hang out in there until 9pm. We always brought a deck of cards and just moved out to one of the many comfortable common spaces to hang out as a family before returning to our rooms.

It was HOT while we were here, so we really didn't take advantage of it, but there is tether ball, horse shoes, badmitten & a sandbox set up in the "yard" on the other side of our building. I checked & they had everything out needed to play them all, plus a full water cooler & cups.

Over all, this is a great resort if you are going for the activities. If what you want is a fancy, Vegas-type room you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephintexas
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

StephinTexas,
Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review from your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed so many of our services and amenities. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed Saturday and Sunday in August. Was taking my belongs to the truck and left my keycard inside... Went to the pool to retrieve the 2nd keycard to get in and get my wallet. Upon getting back, housekeeping was already cleaning my room. They claimed they found my wallet on the bed and took it to the office, the office said the occupants have not left yet so take it back. I proceeded to go into my wallte to check the contents and found $300 missing. Called security and they did an investigation. The investigation too the whole day Sunday and all of Monday (yeah right???) and got my "Sorry, the investigation concluded that your room was open 30 minutes prior to the housekeepers coming in to clean"... Really?!?!? So, now I'm SOL!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerard L

Gerard L.,
Through the corrective action we have taken offline, we trust this matter has been resolved and hope to have the opportunity to earn your business back in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was an amazing trip. We had never been to a resort and this went over our expectations. We have already told friends they need to try it because you will always want to go back. The service was amazing and all the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple