“A faulty towers ?”

The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
“A faulty towers ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival i was told that they did not have a reservation, when the GM himself had confirmed it....then came out a fruit basket marked with my name????????? My room was large and in need of a face lift, the shower tap was loose so i did not have hot water. This was eventually fixed after 2 visits of engineering...some staff at the front desk were charming and some downright rude...I would not stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jacquelinem449
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Jacquelinem449,
I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. I have passed along your comments to our management to address the issues at the front desk. In regards to the rooms, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. With these improvements we hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest once again.

Jasmine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Sugar Land
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Booked a forest view room using the Pavilion Package. Staff super friendly and professional. Restaurant not bad for dinner but great for breakfast. Pretty decent bar as well. Transportation to and from the Woodlands Pavilion was provided. Drivers were great and on time, both before and after the concert. The room and the building that housed it was the reason for three stars. When selecting the Pavilion Package, there is no option to pick your room. The web site states that you will receive transportation, breakfast and a "delux room". The delux room turned out to be, essentially a motel room....complete with parking right outside. This was not what I expected after looking at the beautiful pictures on their web site. We were not housed in the area of the "resort" with the fabulous pool we were actually a fair distance form there. The forest view consisted of a couple of trees, what appeared to be an office building lake and the side of a building. The inside of the room was also a bit dim and dated....think of a really nice H0liday !nn form the early 80s....but with a smell of cleaning solution throughout. Filled out the survey that they sent...got a reply from the General Manager...he said the layout can be confusing......then he said that the next time we stay there, he'll make sure that we are in the Forrest Lake area. I don't think I'll be giving him that opportunity.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be in an updated room or in an older room. The older rooms are not worth what they...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bill h
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Bill H,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear our staff and services were up to your expectations. I am however disappointed to hear you were unable to select the room type you wanted. Our website reservations system should allow you after you select Pavilion Package to choose your room type. Could you contact me directly at customerservice@woodlandsresort.com so we can discuss how you booked so that I can see if something needs to be fixed. I appreciate your help in resolving this issue. In regards to your additional feedback on the room, we are currently undergoing a major renovation that will address those issues. I am sorry to hear our efforts offline to resolve your concerns did nothing to appease your discontent with your stay. I hope that we can earn your business back in the future.

Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Woodlands Resort is a beautiful property...away from noise and within a beautifully wooded property. Every single staffer was friendly and helpful. We recommend this as your destination. We went for a weekend leisure stay and left relaxed and happy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda K,
I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable getaway and that you left relaxed and happy. We couldn't wish for better praise. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The room was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the resort was amazing. However, after driving four hours with only the intention of having a nice relaxing weekend here, I was totally disappointed in what a waste of time it was. The pool was closed because there was bad weather within a 30 mile radius even though it was not even raining. It closed at 8pm instead of 11 and never reopened even though it never even rained. The slide opens at 11 on Sunday but won't open if it is raining. Thought I would use the business center to check email, but it was credit card based. We basically drove 4 hours to sit in a hotel room. Won't take this chance again.

Room Tip: This is a family and child based resort on weekends. Don't book this if rain is even close by.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Simone S,
I am sorry to hear your stay with us did not turn out as expected. The safety and security of our guests is one of our top priorities and whenever there is lighting nearby, we feel it is not worth the risk to our guests for them to be in the pool. I am sorry that it affected your weekend and you felt that it was a wasted trip. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I've been to the conference center and resort many times. I try to avoid the small individual buildings that have about eight rooms each. When the place was new they were special. Now they are quite dated despite the fact that they are located in a great location with lots of trees. The larger newer buildings are much nicer and don't feel as old. There is new construction underway on the site so it's quite interesting that these older buildings have not been updated.

When I got the bill, I wished I had stayed nearby. While I had a meeting at the conference center which is well maintained and the food is excellent, the cost and quality for the room I stayed in was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the individual buildings. Ask for a room in the newer buildings. The small i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill B
Bill B,
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyal service to us and would like to keep that. As you mentioned, we are renovating, which does include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. As for the older, outdoor section you mentioned, those will eventually go offline and all of our guests will be in the Fairway Pines section of our property. We hope that you will come back and see us when the renovation is complete and that we will be able to maintain your loyalty. We know you have a choice when you travel, and we hope that choice will be us.

Port Saint Joe, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife & I, along with 4 other couples spent a long weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The guys played golf on 2 different courses that were in great shape and the wives took the shuttle to the Town Center & other shopping. The food at the Royal Mile Grill there was excellent at lunch and the prices were very reasonable. Everyone was friendly & helpful. If I lived within a 3 or 4 hour drive I would go there often. Beautiful, idyllic, wooded setting.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
alabama74Florida,
I am so pleased to hear you and your friends had such a great trip. It sounds like such a great way to connect and make memories. We too wished you lived closer, but we hope you will make the trip back to see us whenever you can.

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We enjoyed an over night stay celebrating our granddaughter's 12 birthday. She was made to feel like a princess. She enjoyed the under water music that was playing in the major pool. When they complete the lazy river there will be more reasons to go back beside the wonderful service.

Room Tip: We liked Cedar cabin because of the small family like pool that was in the area plus grill, volley b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tricie94
Tricie94,
What a fun way to celebrate! I am sure she will treasure those memories for a long time, just as I know you will. We look forward to seeing you and your family again when the lazy river is complete!