“Nice if you are in the new section but service is lacking”

The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Austin, Texas
“Nice if you are in the new section but service is lacking”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We checked in and we were placed in a very old part of the resort once I called we were moved to a much better room. The one we actually booked. The front desk staff was very helpful and that is where it ended.

The bartender at the pool was not helpful and would rather talk to other employees than help us as he search movies for them to watch.

The valet staff was rude and not helpful through out our stay. We called for the car to be brought up and he asked for me to call back as I was on my way he was short staffed. Really I'm coming down any moment please just bring my car.....

They seemed very short staffed and management needs to roll play more with their staff to bring up service if they are not going To be around.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank CapeCodder4life
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
CapeCodder4life,
I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with some of our staff during your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate department heads so that these problems may be addressed. This is not up to par with our standard level of service and I sincerely apologize that is what you experienced. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we might address them and improve our service to our guests. I hope that you might consider giving us a second chance in the future.

Jasmine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I am coming to Houston and The Woodlands for many years now and I have been staying in several places such as the HYATT, Marriott, Sheraton etc, but this places beats them all!

Value for money! The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center was more than half from the HYATT in Market Street and since the Hotel provides a shuttle bus to Market street (5 minutes drive) its not an issue to be off 'the strip'. Taxi back at night from 'Baker Street' (great pub) is 10 USD.

The rooms are clean and spacious and in the middle of lush gardens.

However, no minibar and/or bottled water in the rooms and the tab water does not taste good at all but the is a vending machine on the hallway so you can manage your thirst.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sascha K
Sascha K,
Thank you for your kind words, we so appreciate hearing that our guests had a great time staying with us. I will pass along your suggestions regarding the minibar and bottled water in the guest rooms to the appropriate departments to see if that is something we might add to our services and amenities. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon should your travels bring you back to the States.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hotel rooms in dire need of demolition/renovation. Felt like I was at a 1970's lodge. Very old rooms, no bottled water or minibar -- in fairness, you can purchase a drink from the vending machine on your floor -- and no in-room safe. Who doesn't have a safe these days? Property does a lot of business with meetings, but I would not bother with paying for a room. Definitely one of the worst hotel rooms for me this year -- 100 nights a year away.

3 Thank APFlyer
APFlyer,
We appreciate your candid review and understand where you are coming from. In fact, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. We do offer complimentary mini-fridges upon request; I'm sorry you were not made aware of that during your stay. We do have safety deposit boxes located adjacent to our front desk for our guests use. I hope that in the future you will give us a second chance.

Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Was upgraded to a suite, wow was I lucky and others in my group were very jealous. The room was very clean and the staff look after any concerns right away. The food is hot and fresh all the time (have to diet now). The pool was fantastic as was the golf course as well. It is so quite there you feel your far from any city but your not. Was there for a week and would go back anytime.
Please thank your staff for a great job !!

Room Tip: Over looking the pool is nice
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Truckerbob,
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed so many of our amenities and services as well our serene, natural environment. I hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hotel and location are fabulous. Breakfast buffet incredible. Room service dinner meals better than eating out at a restaurant. Spa services not value for money. Always confirm what you will be getting BEFORE making your spa reservation. The brochure can be deceptive.
Overall loved the experience.

Room Tip: There aren't any elevators (that I saw) to the guest rooms. You may need to book a room on the g...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Emily L,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and our food and beverage options. I am disappointed to hear you did not feel the spa offered a good value. I would like to know more about your concerns. Can you please contact me at customerservice@woodlandsresort.com so I can address your issues regarding the spa in more detail. Thank you.

Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had a two night meeting at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. When getting the link from my company, I clicked it to see where we would be staying. My room was nothing like the photos or videos on their site.

This resort was built in 1974. My room was 39 years old. The walls are thin and the restroom was as small as a confessional. The floor was not level and the room accessories were cheap. The linens were quality, as was the flat screen LCD. I did not have a safe nor did I have a refrigerator. There are no elevators in the "Basal Briar" building, so pack light. My room had an odor, too.

The employees were attentive and professional. Concierge was helpful. They have several golf carts that provide shuttle service around the resort. We did eat in Royal Mile Grille Restaurant and found the selection and pricing to be fair. The service here was tops.

As we waited for a taxi one of the properties shuttle buses returned and I viewed the property photo on the side of the bus. It is similar to the one you'll find on their website showing a massive pools, slides, many lawn chairs, etc. I asked the worker where the picture was taken? He pointed the opposite direction of where I was located. When making your reservation make sure you are clear on where an what you are getting.

I asked some of my colleagues if they would return here with their families, and all of us said, "No." Primarily because this resort is build around golf and conventions. Since this was a business meeting, we were not able to view the resort amenities as if we were on vacationThe facilities in the main building are tops. For our meeting everything provided worked beautifully. The water surrounding the principle building is not pleasant.

1 Thank fquinter
Fquinter,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your time with us. I hear your concerns regarding your room. You will be glad to know we are addressing those concerns with a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse.

We do offer safety deposit boxes adjacent to our front desk as well as mini-fridges at no charge upon request. I am sorry you were not made aware of these services during your stay.

We do have some wonderful amenities for families, namely the Forest Oasis Waterscape, featuring water slides, pop fountains and family-friendly activities throughout the summer months. I hope that you will reconsider bringing your family back after the renovation and give us a second chance to earn your business.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kentucky
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife had a work trip, and I had the opportunity to go with her. I had no problems occupying my time while she spent the days in her meetings. They have biking and walking trails. I spent a lot of my time walking long periods, which I enjoyed. They also had a very good fitness center that I visited. The golf courses are excellent if you play golf. I asked about the cost of using the driving range, and to my surprise, there was no charge for the use of clubs, balls or cart. The pool areas were great. After my walks, this was a great place to relax. The food, although pricey, was very good. Within a short walking distance there was a Randall's grocery store which had a deli and Starbucks. This is where I got my coffee and some of my meals. There were other restaurants in the vicinity. Yes, I had a very good stay!

1 Thank JimmyGKentucky
JimmyGKentucky,
I am so glad to hear you got to tag along on your wife's work trip and that you enjoyed your time with us so much. It sounds like you had a very relaxing stay. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your wife again in the future.