“Second Great Anniversary Stay”

The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“Second Great Anniversary Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago on for our anniversary and had a great stay (see my review from 2011) and wanted to try it again. We were not disappointed. Service at the desk was first rate ad very accommodating. They printed out pictures of the views from several rooms until I found just the one I wanted. As before we stayed in the Forest Lake section. These are the older rooms but nicely and comfortably furnished. Very quiet, next to a beautiful lake full of ducks and geese, and in the trees. Recommend second floor facing lake. Hike and bike trail next to the rooms and bikes can be rented at the office for $5/day. Free WiFi now included.

Room Tip: For the view a quiet ask for Forest Lake section, second floor, lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
RayB53,
Happy Anniversary! We feel privileged that you would choose to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with us, not once, but twice. I am so pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond to care for you. We hope to see you again real soon!

Jasmine Avery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed for a long weekend in August. We loved our room, first floor walk out at the pool. The walk out sounds like a great idea until you realize you can't lock it from the outside so you still have to walk through the hotel In a soggy swimsuit.

My kids loved the pools. There is underwater music in the large pool and the kids loved diving and looking at the tiled island and riding the little slide. The movie by the pool was great, they had free bags of popcorn which the kids loved. The also handed out frozen grapes and orange slices during the day. The pool side waiters were great and we enjoyed a nice Sunday brunch by the pool. The only big negative for me was the 2hr wait for a balloon animal, which lasted 5 minutes before it popped...it was my daughters bday, she wanted a balloon she got it.

We never ate in the restaurants so I can't say anything about them. We ate all our meals pool side. The room was really nice, modern and clean. Our check in was great but bell service at check out was less than stellar, I had to walk to the bell stand to get help, after calling and waiting and then I had to walk to my car because they didn't offer a ride...a far different experience than check in which went above and beyond in customer service.

Overall we liked this and will be back for a long weekend again.

Room Tip: We loved our room, first floor walk out at the pool. The walk out sounds like a great idea until yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Twogreemandms,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and others. We are so glad to hear your 4 year old had a great birthday with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the time it took to get a balloon made. We will look at ways to make this go quicker in the future. I have passed along your feedback to our guest services manager regarding the bell stand at check out so that he can address this issue with his staff directly. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to continually improve our services and amenities. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you and your family again in the future.

Jasmine Avery
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were going to a concert at the Cynthia Woods Pavillion, so decided to make a weekend gateaway. Check in was quick, it is a little dated then I thought it would be. When I think of resort I think luxury. The rooms were a nice size and most important clean. We took the shuttle to the waterway around 1pm and the shuttle pick us up after the concert. It rained the whole weekend so didnt feel guility about not using the facilities, I bet it is lovely when it is sunny.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Wilson-Haigh,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent getaway. As you may have noticed during your stay, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. This improvements will certainly rectify some of your comments. We do hope you will come back and see us when these improvements are complete.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Lovely accommodation and facilities. Golf, gym, pool - you name it, it's there. Friendly staff and excellent decor. Buffet breakfast was amazing. A huge selection was presented to us. This is a resort and the Woodlands is a short drive away.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Daniel B,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have the joy of serving you again soon should your travels bring you back to the States.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We checked in and we were placed in a very old part of the resort once I called we were moved to a much better room. The one we actually booked. The front desk staff was very helpful and that is where it ended.

The bartender at the pool was not helpful and would rather talk to other employees than help us as he search movies for them to watch.

The valet staff was rude and not helpful through out our stay. We called for the car to be brought up and he asked for me to call back as I was on my way he was short staffed. Really I'm coming down any moment please just bring my car.....

They seemed very short staffed and management needs to roll play more with their staff to bring up service if they are not going To be around.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank CapeCodder4life
CapeCodder4life,
I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with some of our staff during your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate department heads so that these problems may be addressed. This is not up to par with our standard level of service and I sincerely apologize that is what you experienced. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we might address them and improve our service to our guests. I hope that you might consider giving us a second chance in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I am coming to Houston and The Woodlands for many years now and I have been staying in several places such as the HYATT, Marriott, Sheraton etc, but this places beats them all!

Value for money! The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center was more than half from the HYATT in Market Street and since the Hotel provides a shuttle bus to Market street (5 minutes drive) its not an issue to be off 'the strip'. Taxi back at night from 'Baker Street' (great pub) is 10 USD.

The rooms are clean and spacious and in the middle of lush gardens.

However, no minibar and/or bottled water in the rooms and the tab water does not taste good at all but the is a vending machine on the hallway so you can manage your thirst.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sascha K
Sascha K,
Thank you for your kind words, we so appreciate hearing that our guests had a great time staying with us. I will pass along your suggestions regarding the minibar and bottled water in the guest rooms to the appropriate departments to see if that is something we might add to our services and amenities. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon should your travels bring you back to the States.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hotel rooms in dire need of demolition/renovation. Felt like I was at a 1970's lodge. Very old rooms, no bottled water or minibar -- in fairness, you can purchase a drink from the vending machine on your floor -- and no in-room safe. Who doesn't have a safe these days? Property does a lot of business with meetings, but I would not bother with paying for a room. Definitely one of the worst hotel rooms for me this year -- 100 nights a year away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank APFlyer
APFlyer,
We appreciate your candid review and understand where you are coming from. In fact, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. We do offer complimentary mini-fridges upon request; I'm sorry you were not made aware of that during your stay. We do have safety deposit boxes located adjacent to our front desk for our guests use. I hope that in the future you will give us a second chance.