The Woodlands Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,461 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewater slidespool areaface paintingdive in moviemain buildingmain poolfrozen grapesconference centerget awaycool waterclose to homespring breakbusiness conferencegreat weekendbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights to attend the Renaissance Festival. We stayed in the older portion on the 2nd floor, overlooking the lake. It was beautiful, peaceful and private. Yes, it is a little outdated but the room was large and the bed was excellent! We ate dinner Friday night at the restaurant and it was good but pricy. Saturday night we went to Pappadeaux's, which is always excellent and actually less expensive than the restaurant there. We really enjoyed waking up to a beautiful rain on Sunday morning, drinking coffee on our balcony watching the ducks and geese. Sunday we had brunch at the grill and it was very good. We also enjoyed the small pool/whirlpool area. It was tucked in the woods and just lovely! I think we enjoyed the older section better than we would have the newer. All in all, it was a lovely weekend and we would recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Belindajo,
I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and got to enjoy the Texas Renaissance Festival as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. So glad you got to enjoy the amenities on property as well as explore all The Woodlands and surrounding areas has to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Leeann

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed in the Gum building which is an older area of the resort. We were attending a gala in the ballroom and spent the night. The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable. When we arrived, however, there were wine glasses outside our door and they were still there when we returned from our event later that night. My husband had a problem with gnats in the front bathroom, and I found a dead water bug on the floor of the main bedroom. If you are looking for fancy and updated, then this area of suites is not what you want. Overall, the room was quiet and our stay was a good one. It was still nice to stay the night after our gala instead of making the drive home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Elizabeth B,
I am so pleased to hear you choice to stay with us after your recent gala. Thank you for bringing the housekeeping issues to our attention. I have forwarded your comments along to our Director of Housekeeping and he will be addressing with his staff. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your husband.As you may have noticed during your stay. We are in the process of improving our existing room offerings with a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. I hope that we will have to joy of serving you and your husband again soon!

Happy Travels,
Jasmine

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I wish there was something between average and very good, but it think it was better than average. I stayed in the Fir building, and while it definitely was dated, I thought it was clean and comfortable. If you're looking for luxury and won't be satisfied without granite countertops and the newest fixtures, this place isn't for you. However, the room was very large (it even had an upstairs and downstairs), TVs on both floors, and the a/c was nice and cold. I thought the proximity to golf was great, and thought the breakfast was a great deal that took all of us through lunch each day I was there. The service there was great, too, as was the service in the pro shop and grill above the pro shop. I was there for 2 nights and thought a free round was included for each night, but they said it was only one round per stay. Regardless,they comped all three of us the extra round for the misunderstanding. Very nice! They said they were going through a large scale upgrade, so looking forward to returning and seeing the changes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Freije

Freije,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and others. I am pleased to hear your stay with us was pleasant and you experienced great service and great food. I apologize for the confusion regarding golf, but am glad to hear it was taken care of for you. As you may have noticed during your stay, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Happy Travels,
Jasmine

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Don't be fooled by their website! I booked this hotel for my wife and kids and left very upset. If you plan on being in a hotel that focuses on service, organization and communication, I'd look elsewhere. If you are only going to play golf, just make a tee time, there are way better options out there. We had several problems during our four day stay. First, we were put in an ancient room that smelled of mold, we had cockroaches in the second room, then we finally moved to a new room by the pool for a charge and it took them three days to clean that third room. Then to top is all off they continued to bill us daily for breakfast although it was comped because of our issues. Lastly, we got locked out of our room at 11:30 PM after the wedding reception with my 6 year old and 9 year old. I had very high hopes for this resort and conference center, but left VERY disappointed and we were surprised how poorly they ran this hotel. On the positive side they have an awesome pool area, it really is great, but they just fall short on almost everything else (and I'm not a complainer).

Room Tip: If you aren't by the pool in the newer area, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The older rooms are old, moldy and have cockroaches.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott N
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Scott N,
I am sorry to hear your stay with us was less than stellar. We take our service very seriously and I am disappointed to hear that our standard high level of service was not what you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have passed along your feedback to our management teams for the appropriate departments so that they can address their individual areas. I assure you we make every effort to provide a safe and clean environment for all of our guests and have procedures in place that are meant to address the challenges that are associated with being located in a natural, wooded area. We truly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we might have the opportunity to address them. I am sorry to hear our attempt at comping your breakfast to rectify the issues did not go as smoothly as it should have either. I apologize for the experience you and your family had with us and hope that you might possibly give us a second chance in the future. Should you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jasmine.avery@woodlandsresort.com.

Jasmine Avery

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago on for our anniversary and had a great stay (see my review from 2011) and wanted to try it again. We were not disappointed. Service at the desk was first rate ad very accommodating. They printed out pictures of the views from several rooms until I found just the one I wanted. As before we stayed in the Forest Lake section. These are the older rooms but nicely and comfortably furnished. Very quiet, next to a beautiful lake full of ducks and geese, and in the trees. Recommend second floor facing lake. Hike and bike trail next to the rooms and bikes can be rented at the office for $5/day. Free WiFi now included.

Room Tip: For the view a quiet ask for Forest Lake section, second floor, lake view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

RayB53,
Happy Anniversary! We feel privileged that you would choose to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with us, not once, but twice. I am so pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond to care for you. We hope to see you again real soon!

Jasmine Avery