“Nice overall”

The Woodlands Resort
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights last week. I had a room overlooking the small pond with a nice balcony that was peaceful and a good place to enjoy a coffee and listen to the birds. This resort is huge, and as I was there on business and out all day, I did not have much time to fully check out the resort. It looked like a place I'd like to return to for pleasure sometime though. I had 2 gripes while there; 1. I booked a king bedded room and got 2 double beds. As I was on my own, I didn't say anything, and it was fine but I would have liked to get what I'd booked. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable but it was a bit tired looking and the bathroom definitely needed updating. 2. I called room service for breakfast. I ordered the Continental breakfast from the menu. "choice of juice , coffee and choice of 2 pastries". Even though I gave my choices, what I got was breakfast for 2 (six pastries), 2 cups etc and was charged $30.00. Now, I did not say it was for one person when I requested it, but neither did they ask me, and if they had checked,, they would have realized that only one person was staying in the room. I had to ask twice for the front desk to charge me for one breakfast only. It was not a major thing, but added some unnecessary hassle to my stay. Furthermore, the tray stayed in my room and later, outside, until I checked out. Would I stay here again? Yes, as long as I could get the room I booked. Most of the people I encountered there were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure that they give you the room you booked.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Vacationqueen84,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. We do apologize for the inconvenience you had with room service and that you were given a different room type than expected. We try our best to fulfill all guest reservation requests but sometimes aren't able due to high occupancy levels. We look forward to having you stay with us again for a relaxing, leisure stay soon!

Jasmine Avery

Write a ReviewReviews (1,349)

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Totally awesome! Huge double queen bed in the room. Super comfortable bed, it made me want to lay down all day long if not for a business meeting! Large swimming pool areas though nobody was in because of the freezing temperature. Close to many restaurants (less than 5 mins drive). The Woodlands Mall is just 10 mins drive. There's golf course too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

SolesTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and were able to pull yourself away to attend your meetings. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon so you can experience the pools and golf course next time.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a great time. Very relaxing and enjoyable. That was our goal...to relax, and we did. Our room was clean and secluded among beautiful trees. Very quiet and nature like. The birds would sing and squirrels run up and down the trees. A walk around the lake was fantastic, romantic and relaxing. The pool area was great. Danny, at the bar was always there if we needed something. The service was spectacular. Everybody ready to make our stay enjoyable.
Breakfast was always the best of the best. Maria Castro, supervisor, treated us like king and queen everyday. The personal touch was above everything. Next time, I will include our breakfast with the room... comes out a bit cheaper. A shuttle takes you to the local mall, if you want and bring you back. Our experience was so good that we will return. All the staff is eager to help their guests and make their stay the best possible. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms around the trees are quiet and very relaxing. This are the original rooms I believe. I pr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Joe M,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to share your kind words with our excellent poolside and dining room staff. So glad you were able to relax and experience all our property has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again really soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had an amazing time at this resort. We had already had a long day of traveling when we checked in and made some comment to Bastian Gabriel, the front office manager, who was checking us in about what a long day it had already been, thinking nothing of it. In response, Bastian upgraded our room from the woods area to the pool area and included 2 breakfasts in our package - all for a better price than we were originally paying! It was service that truly went above and beyond anything we ever expected. Our room turned out to be lovely - very clean and a great view of the pool. The only downside was that the rooms at the resort have double beds, not queen. We spent the first day just exploring the resort and the Woodlands area. We participated in their planned evening activity - s'mores. It was very well run and lots of fun. We spent four nights and the resort and enjoyed every one of them. The breakfast was delicious (although it costs $16/person if it's not included in your room). The service was always good. We rented bikes one day and really enjoyed riding on their path. The resort offers a shuttle service to the local mall. It leaves every hour. It was convenient and efficient. The only downside is that their last run to the mall is 9:15 pm, even on the weekends, so you have to be ready to go back to the resort by then. There is a lot of construction going on, but it didn't interfere too much. Our room was about a 5 minute walk from the main building, but we were offered a ride on a golf cart several times. Everyone there is so eager to help. The only thing we could possibly complain about was when the cable line was cut. We returned to our room in the evening (maybe around 8:30 or so) and were told the cable would be fixed around 11. We didn't stay up to see what time it was actually fixed, but we did miss our favorite television show. Overall, we had a wonderful experience. The resort is very well run and everyone there is more than happy to help. You can ask the front desk any question you can think of and if they don't know the answer, they will find out for you. We would love to return to the resort in the future!

Room Tip: If you have little kids or want to be close to the big pool, then stay in the pool-side rooms. The w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Indiana_Kristen_1
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Indiana_Kristen_1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience. We're so glad you enjoyed your 4 night stay and were able to enjoy our newer room product in Fairway Pines. We do offer both king and double/double rooms, but were limited on availability due to Spring Break. We appreciate your feedback regarding the complimentary transportation to the mall and Market Street areas. The mall closes at 9:00pm so that's the last run of our shuttles. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the cable line being cut and were able to get it restored as quickly as possible. Sounds like you got to enjoy all of the fun amenities we offer like s’mores, breakfast buffet in the dining room, bicycle rental and mall transportation. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Tucked into the middle of the very busy city of Houston, The Woodlands Resort is secluded, beautiful and such a great place to take a breath and relax! Whether you are planning a corporate event or just a short vacation with the family the resort boasts unusual surroundings which include a forest like setting in the middle of suburbia! You won't believe the stunning tranquility you will find by exiting Highway 45 and heading into the Woodlands. This planned development includes stunning estates and many upscale businesses tucked into a forest setting unlike any I have seen. The resort itself is undergoing a facelift and expansion, but you would never know it in your room as the noise and construction are kept to a minimum in terms of bothering the guests staying at the facilities. Restaurants are great on site and the staff is ver accommodating. Centrally located to visit some of Houston's many sites it is truly a gem waiting for you to discover. Spacious rooms and amenities including a water park, several pools, hot tubs and more on the property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Cindy G,

Thanks for your great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share all the wonderful things you enjoyed at the resort. We pride ourselves in our unique setting and offering the best experience for all our guests and are so glad you loved it all. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Although not from Texas, I was very pleased with my stay. Every time I saw a staff member they would consistently ask if there was anything they could do to help. Although parts of the resort were under construction, it didn't feel crowded or dirty, and I look forward to their future renovations.

• Stayed: March 2014

Ross14soccee,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us. We're glad you enjoyed our Texas hospitality and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I spent a week at "The Woodlands" for a Business conference. It's an amazing Resort outside Houston, Texas.
In this timeframe there was alot of construction around the building in which my room was. But they did everything to make my stay as comfortable as possible.
Rooms are comfortable and clean.
Personnel is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaAsc
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

MaAsc,

So happy to hear you got to stay with us for a whole week and enjoyed your meeting experience. As you mentioned, we're currently undergoing a $60 million renovation and are looking forward to it being complete this fall. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!