Stayed there for 2 nights last week. I had a room overlooking the small pond with a nice balcony that was peaceful and a good place to enjoy a coffee and listen to the birds. This resort is huge, and as I was there on business and out all day, I did not have much time to fully check out the resort. It looked like a place I'd like to return to for pleasure sometime though. I had 2 gripes while there; 1. I booked a king bedded room and got 2 double beds. As I was on my own, I didn't say anything, and it was fine but I would have liked to get what I'd booked. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable but it was a bit tired looking and the bathroom definitely needed updating. 2. I called room service for breakfast. I ordered the Continental breakfast from the menu. "choice of juice , coffee and choice of 2 pastries". Even though I gave my choices, what I got was breakfast for 2 (six pastries), 2 cups etc and was charged $30.00. Now, I did not say it was for one person when I requested it, but neither did they ask me, and if they had checked,, they would have realized that only one person was staying in the room. I had to ask twice for the front desk to charge me for one breakfast only. It was not a major thing, but added some unnecessary hassle to my stay. Furthermore, the tray stayed in my room and later, outside, until I checked out. Would I stay here again? Yes, as long as I could get the room I booked. Most of the people I encountered there were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis water park with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Woodlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands