The Woodlands Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,461 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewater slidespool areaface paintingdive in moviemain buildingmain poolfrozen grapesconference centerget awaycool waterclose to homespring breakbusiness conferencegreat weekendbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We haven't stayed at the Woodlands since last summer, but we have been going to the Woodlands for the last 25 years or so. Yes, maybe things seem outdated to some but our favorite places to stay are in the older part,( Elm, Gum, Hickory) overlooking the lake. The hospitality, amenities, hike and bike trails and overall experience for us has always been great. In fact, one stay when it was raining, was even a great experience. I always tell people that the Woodlands is a great, relaxing place to be. When I think of a great vacation, I always think of the Woodlands and its only 2 hours away. I'm so excited to hear they will have a lazy river this summer. I love lazy rivers!!!

Room Tip: The older part....Elm, Gum Hickory
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RVaughn1951
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

RVaughn1951,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to hear what a great time you have had with us over the past 25 years and all the fun you're looking forward to this summer. We appreciate your continued support and spreading the good news about our staycation destination. Look forward to seeing you again this summer when the Lazy River opens in July!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed in the resort last month (March 2014) in a room by the Pool. I have stayed in the resort several times both on business and twice for a family holiday. I have to say that my previous experiences were always very positive. They have a beautiful property, a great pool (kid friendly), golf, biking and hiking trails etc. As many other reviewer's have written however, the hotel is old and tired inside the rooms and they do smell a bit musty. They are making a very large investment and my guess is that will restore the resort to it's former glory. I was put off however by a few things. Right now it is in fact a building site and there are some building related issues that the hotel is asking a guest to tolerate. (Noise, remote parking, access to the site is difficult due to road works etc.) I would have thought that the hotel might have done something in return for this guest tolerance? My room had two stopped up sinks, the remote was broken and lamp by the bed did not work. The published rack rate was $189 last month but I was charged $249. It was not worth it. Seems to me they may have reduced the room rate or maybe free wifi or breakfast but nothing on offer so I was not impressed with this visit. I do think the hotel is going through a renovation and in time it will be interesting to see how it all turns out and I will certainly want to go back maybe a year from now. If you stay there now however, you are doing them a favour.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Tjackson1210,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you have chosen to stay with us several times and enjoyed all the fun we have to offer! Please accept our apologies that your recent stay didn't exceed your expectations due to some renovation issues. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention so it can be properly addressed. The rack rate is for our standard room type and sounds like you were upgraded to our poolside Fairway Pines room. As you mentioned our $60 million renovation project is underway and we can't wait to have the new sleeping rooms, new lazy river and new steakhouse this year. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It has been over twenty years since I stayed at the resort. My room at waterside reminded me of twenty years ago and was a bit dated for the price. The room was clean, but definitely not worth the 250 dollars a night. I will say that the breakfast buffet was quite good, and a good value for the 15 dollar price. My business associate also had quite the experience...on three separate occasions, the milk for the coffee was spoiled.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Reagan10,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your continued business over the past 20 years! Updating our existing Fairway Pines guest rooms is part of the new renovation that will be completed this fall. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our delicious dining room breakfast and apologize for the spoiled milk issue. It was quickly brought to our attention and resolved. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I am planning an October wedding at the Resort, and although I obviously haven't experienced the actual event yet, I am so thrilled I had to write a review. Every single staff member I have dealt with, from the valet, to the front desk to a maintenance man have been genuinely helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is exactly what I want my guests to experience for the wedding itself. After meeting with my "wedding coordinator" Lauren (not perfectly sure of title), I feel relaxed and excited, and have total confidence that everything is in good hands. I immediately felt comfortable and welcome with no pressure, and everything is beautiful. Construction is currently under way, but I think that's unavoidable and didn't feel this would damage my experience. Give it a try!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Amy J,

Thanks for all your kind words abour our fantastic staff. We are so looking forward to hosting your big day this October! We know you'll have the best wedding experience and are happy to be a part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of wedded bliss. See you in October!!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at this resort in the obviously older section. The room was a king, nice and large, with a patio. It was clean but definitely worn and outdated. Lots of construction both on the property and streets arriving to the hotel. We attended a wedding dinner & reception which was very nice. Unless your a golfer I wouldn't suggest this hotel. This is called The Woodlands "Resort" but it isn't what I would call a resort! A little pricey for a mediocre hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor which was fine because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

CLDavis2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear your stay in the Forest Lake rooms didn't exceed your expectations. These lodges will be discontinued at the end of this year and we will have over 400 new and renovated sleeping rooms along with new steakhouse, new lazy river and updated conference center. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful wedding experience though! We hope you will choose to stay with us again once the renovation is complete this fall.