My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. The resort is under renovation but they work hard to minimize disruption. The shuttle to take you back and forth between buildings runs frequently. The pool is a kid's paradise. Water slides, lazy river, zero entry pool. Sprayers are used to keep you cool as you sit poolside.
Our room was beautiful. The room was recently remodeled and done with beautiful, upscale taste. Robes in the closet, beautiful bedding, electrical plugs on bedside table, lovely bathroom. The only negative was our room was one that had a connecting door to the room next to it. Soundproofing seemed nonexistent which I am guessing was due to the gap between the door and carpeting between the two doors. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to sleep due to the loud, rambunctious, very full room of people next to us. To the credit of the hotel, they sent someone to talk to them as soon as we called down to the desk. It did take some subsequent pounding on the wall and asking them to keep it down to get them to finally settle down.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast package and the breakfast buffet was amazing. Made to order omelets, pancakes, waffles, fruits, yogurts. Also has a number of breakfast items appealing to a number of nationalities (cheeses, olives, etc). View outside the restaurant was beautiful.
Unfortunately, I had a broken ankle so could not partake in the price included activities of bike riding, pool, etc. Beautiful setting in the woods.
Great getaway. I would say it appeals more to families than a romantic getaway due to the number of young children. Would highly recommend. Little surprised by the daily $20 resort fee added on to the bill. Have to read the fine print on the website to see it mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands