“Very welcoming”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tomball
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tomball
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Really comfortable couldn't do enough for us breakfast included which was ok but limited - cooked was processed food however it was very welcome as most USA hotels don't provide breakfast. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichardandGail

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband had school for four days in Tomball and we stayed at this Hampton Inn. Staff was EXCELLENT rooms were great! Also they have breakfest from 6am to 10am excellent breakfest. My husband went to school I had a GREAT breakfest! They had a variety of low calorie food for me since Im watching what I eat. Also a fitness room that enjoyed in the morning after breakfest! Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alison E
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here for business one night. They were very accommodating after I accidentally booked the wrong night. They were able to move the reservation and get me a very nice room. It was clean and very spacious. I stayed in a King Standard (with microwave and refrigerator).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Romance23
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed here with family over the weekend. The location is just to the east of Highway 249. Very convenient to anything in the Tomball area, about 30 miles from downtown Houston or IAH.

Standard Hampton Inn quality, very clean and reasonably new.

The staff here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff provided extra towels and pillows upon request and left cheery helpful notes that made it clear they were happy to assist more...we left a big tip for them.

Front desk help were similarly helpful and friendly.

The only complaint: The breakfast had the usual plasto-breakfast foods, this would benefit from a re-think and just a little more effort. Bread/bagles/muffins were slightly stale on all days; Scrambled eggs are day-glo artificial yellow and truly awful; Sausage patties have a similar industrial by-product aspect to them; More fresh fruit and juices would be a welcome addition.

Overall this was quite good value for money and a very good location.

Would benefit from a small 'fridge and microwave in room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 12Aggie
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We booked this place for our guests and us for our daughter's wedding because let's face it Tomball doesn't have a lot of choices. After speaking with their event coordinator wee booked a block of rooms, one of the reasons we choose this was because they offered a shuttle service for our guests. But two weeks prior to wedding while doing our final confirmations to check on our block of rooms and our driver for the evening we were informed by the desk clerk that we would need to speak with the manager. Because the manager wasn't in we asked for him to call us. After waiting almost a week for that return phone call we called back up only to have a desk clerk tell us that they discontinued their shuttle service and once again the manager wasn't in. I left a message with the desk clerk and a voice mail for the manager. Still no return phone call, I had to call back up there again on Monday morning at which time I was finally able to speak to the manager who informed that the shuttle service had been discontinued without notice by e-mail or phone from anyone at Hampton, so 4 days before my daughter's wedding I needed to find a shuttle service for my hotel guests. The manager supposedly was going to do some checking and see what he could find for me. That didn't happen and after telling me he was going to call me back and then later in the day having a desk clerk call me and tell me he was still working on my issue I knew he was doing nothing to help me out, I'm still waiting for that return phone call!!! I did find a company within Tomball that was actually able to help us out on short notice and did a great job! This place is fine to stay if you are just passing through the area but don't count on them for a special event, they are totally useless.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank houstonhappydays57
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel since a block of rooms had been reserved for a wedding we were a part of. We were skeptical but were very pleasantly surprised once we walked in the door. The hotel is only a year old and the place is spotless, very well decorated and the staff was very accomodating. We weren't able to obtain a definite early check in so we phoned on our way to the hotel and they assured us that we'd be able to get a room once we got there. We arrived about 30 minutes later and had to wait about just 10 minutes to get a room. We were so thankful! Being 7 months pregnant I didnt want to drive 2 hours dressed for the wedding!

The downsides: only two that i can think of. The bed was extrememly hard and not comfortable. My husband and I both had an awful nights sleep and left early in the am to go home and take a nap.

My only other complaint (if you would even call it that) really was the bfast buffet wasn't fully stocked. We read they had a lot more foods available than what was listed. Granted, we didn't arrive downstairs for breakfast until 930, I still thought they would've been replenishing the foods consistently given the number of people that were still there eating and still arriving to eat.

It appears the hotel is frequently booked with sports groups so you may want to request a room away from them if noise is a concern. We didnt experience any issue with noise or the kids but i could see how if you pack 3 teams into a hotel, it could be noisy regardless.

Ovreall, we had a wonderful stay. We had a King Standard which included a microwave and a mini fridge (not stocked). ALL the staff down to the housekeepers were very hospitable and kind. Our room was spotless along with the rest of the hotel from what we saw. We didnt vist the gym or pool however. A pleasant experience and surprise for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SurfTaco27
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Hampton's have always been a comfortable place to stay for the night. With the complimentary warm breakfast buffet, there is always great value. This Hampton has great attentive management and it is by far the nicest decorated Hampton that I have stayed. Comfy and clean beds with granite counter-topped bathrooms, it was a very comfortable and pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: It's Tomball so no need to try and pick a room with a view.