“Not too bad for the price, but missing a few things”

WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Trophy Club
Fairview, Texas
“Not too bad for the price, but missing a few things”
Reviewed 3 March 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while my husband and I were trying to find a new apartment. It is a long-term stay hotel, where you pay by the week. It is a real bargain, when you divide the weekly rate by 7 days. The rooms are furnished with a plasma screen tv, a full size fridge, a rank cooktop, and a sink. There are 3 sizes of rooms to choose from.We were in the smallest of the 3 "floorplans".

Anyway, to keep costs down, there is no daily maid service. That can be good or bad depending on your preferences. They only clean 1 time every other week, and when we were there the maid forgot, and our room didn't get cleaned at all. They do give you the option (for $7 extra per week) to bring down dirty towels and bed linens,as they get dirty, to the front desk, and have them exchanged for fresh, clean ones. That was a nice touch, I must add.

Another problem that I have never experienced in any hotel before was that I could hear the upstairs guests walking around above us, sounding like a herd of elephants. (We were on the second floor, with 2 or 3 above us). I am guessing this is a result of shoddy construction.

Because they try to run things on the cheap, there is no 24-hr staff, only daytime hours, M-Sat, closed on Sunday, so there is no one to complain to for small issues after hours, only a hotline for emergencies. The staff was not overly friendly, more like moody, and inconsistent. You are charged quite high rates for telephone calls, even local ones, which I found a bit unfair.

I did have one emergency though that bears mentioning: the rooms open with that modern standard issue "room key card" that is inserted into the door until the green light appears. Well, the room key had to be inserted numerous times before it would open the door, and one time just stopped working all together...at 3 am in the morning when I was coming home from a late night out. I had to call the on-site maintenance, drag her out of bed, and have her redo the key. She told me it was easily demagnitized by cell phones and/or credit cards. That is surely understandable, but it is puzzling that I've used key cards all over the world, kept them next to credit cards, etc... and never have I had the trouble that I did at Value Place.

Also, the room was missing drapes. Not just our room, but every room. If you need any kind of day sleep, be sure to bring a sleeping eye mask. Be warned!

One final thing, this might be a small complaint, but the second story hallway stunk! It smelled like a combination of b.o and mold. Sometimes I had to breathe through my nose just to get to my room.

At first I thought it was a good value, but after comparing other hotels that even charge by the night, it is just "mehhw".

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The lack of attention to the guests
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Mallyrose87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trophy Club
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites
Cambria Southlake DFW North
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest

Been to WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club? Share your experiences!